Woodsboro , MARYLAND

Most Recent Woodsboro Camping Reviews
Cunningham Falls State Park

Stayed one night in September and had a nice level gravel site with fire pit, picnic table and bath house. Greeted by a friendly and helpful camp host as we backed into our site for our maiden voyage. Clean bath house and amenities. Stayed in site 25 with water spigot nearby. Dumpsters for garbage not a far drive and dump station as you leave the park was convenient.

Great hosts, location.

Riding through catoctin mountain park to get to the campground is almost worth it alone staying. My wife and I just stayed one night with our 2 dogs. We met the hosts as we pulled in to our site, very friendly and accommodating. Some of the sites can be backed up to one another or right aide of each other, but there's a number of sites that are more private than others to make it a great experience. Typically, I prefer dispersed or primitive camping over campgrounds, but this place gets the exception. The roads around catoctin mtn Park and Cunningham falls make for a great way to spend a weekend. Lots of trails around the campground and even a few right on premises. Overall, I hope to make it back before the close up next month, if not I'll be coming back next year.

Down home country

I loved this campground. It is not a large campground in number of sites but has huge open fields for lots of outdoor fun. It has tent sites and level rv sites with 30 amp and water. No sewer. And one 50 amp site. Most sites have partial shade from the tree line. Each site has a fire ring and plastic picnic table. It has a creek for swimming or wading at your own risk. It also has horseshoes, playground, large outdoor picnic area, as well as a clean bathhouse with showers. There is a dump station and trash dumpster for your convenience on the way out of the campground.

Well cared for, good trails and lake

A good, comfortable place with a lot to offer. We’d go again.

We stayed two nights in Dogwood. The site was well looked after with camp hosts that seemed very attentive and thoughtful. Good rangers who showed up to help when needed. Everyone was (mostly) well behaved in the site, and we had a terrific time.

The facilities were clean. The sites on Dogwood are quite close together, but it still felt like camping. The nearby trails are great and the lake is a good place to swim or laze on a warm day.

More of an RV camping spot

My friends and I booked a spot at this campground after visiting Harrisburg, PA. When we arrived, our expectations were let down by the quality of the campsite simply because of its proximity to its neighbors, the site setup and the limited space for our tents. I give it 4 stars because I am sure all of the problems we experienced would not been a huge deal if we were in an RV. Seemed like a great spot for kids/families especially because it had access to a swimming spot.

Solid State Park Campground

This place is best if you're into fishing but it has the basics covered. Good bathrooms, a beach, and some hiking around the lake. It's also pretty convenient to Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and Hershey if you want things to do. It also has some nice birding.

Extremely historic park

Experience a very historic battleground park

Great state park right in our backyard!

We really enjoyed camping at Greenbrier state park, and was pleasantly surprised how nice the park was given its convenient location to us! The grounds were clean and organized, the bathrooms were clean (albeit a bit outdated), and the camp ground hosts and rangers were very friendly. There’s quite a few great hiking and biking trails, and a small lake if you feel like taking a dip in the warmer months. We live near Frederick MD so this camp ground is practically in our backyard, which makes it super convenient for quick weekend camping with the family. We will definitely be camping here again!

A nice family site

Definitely not as spread out as we had originally thought BUT it’s a really nice site if you’re looking to get your kids into camping there’s plenty for them to do and see. Now if you’re looking for more of a private place to camp this probably isn’t the place for you as the sites are pretty much on top of each other! That being said definitely worth the money especially if you’re really only there for a night

Best Camping

Best place to come camping our first time here