About Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA
KoA
Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA is located in Pennsylvania
7 Reviews of Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA
Great Time

Even with the pavilion out of commission, my son and I had a great time! Very clean, great bath houses. Nice staff and everything you need right there!

Beautiful campground with great location

Well this is day 5 of my trip to Washington DC.  Entire grounds are well manicured with plenty of room.  Nice stocked store with a friendly staff. Upon check in you are escorted to your site and oriented to all hookups etc.  lots of shade.  Sites fairly level.  Close to downtown areas with good shopping and ghost tours.  Today celebrates day 1 of the battlefield so many people are dressed in 1860s attire.  Site offers tours if desired.  Otherwise the battle field is only 5 miles away

Wet muddy

Lot of stone being spread.. hope they plan on spread ing more

Lots of space

Spent 2 nights at Gettysburg KOA in July while touring Pennsylvania with granddaughter. Very convenient to historical stuff. Large sites, separated by rocks and trees. Quiet and private. It is a KOA, so was pleasantly surprised.

Beautiful campground!

Smaller campground, but big on amenities!

Staff was friendly, attentive and the Campground is extremely well-cared for. Sites vary in sizes and are well-defined. They have a great camp store and their mini-golf was just remodeled and a lot of fun to play. In addition to that, there is a bounce pad, shuffle board, horseshoes, chess, over-sized jenga, playground, dog park, gem mining, basketball, bikes, wood, propane, etc. and they pick up trash daily right at your site. All of this in a beautiful wooded spot near Gettysburg.

I highly recommend!

Clean, well-maintained, more woodsy than other KOAs

We stayed in site #68, to the left when you enter the campground. We were in the water/electric section, and saw mostly other pop-ups, smaller RVs, and a few tents in our area. Our site was very spacious, beautifully landscaped and wooded, but right next to the road. There was a buffer of trees, but unfortunately that didn’t make much of a difference with regard to noise. I live adjacent to a busy local highway, and the noise was worse here at the CG, even though this road seemed like a smaller, rural road. There were vehicles loudly whizzing by at all hours of the day and night, which made it pretty hard to relax and enjoy nature, but since this was more of a “glamping” weekend vs a “real camping” weekend for us, I didn’t let it bother me too much. However, if we were to return, we would definitely avoid sites 65 through 69, as they all back up to that same road. Site 74 in the same section caught my eye as being very private, tucked away, and backing up to thick woods, so I would request that site in the future. The whole water/elec section was a bit further from the bath house than we usually like to be with little kids, but not a deal-breaker of a walk by any means.

Bath house was decent. Showers were very nice and looked like they’d been updated recently, but the overall bathroom earned about a B- for cleanliness. It was kept reasonably tidy (other than the trash overflowing on one occasion), and the countertops stayed wiped off, but the whole bathroom (minus the showers) just seemed a bit old, drab, and didn’t smell great. I know it’s a bathroom, but this wasn’t a one-time smell; it persisted throughout all 4 days of our stay.

What impressed me most about this CG was the landscaping and use of natural surroundings. There are tons of really nice boulders everywhere, bordering each site and most of the fire rings. The grounds are also very green and wooded, so it really does look and feel like a natural, rustic setting - much more so than any other KOA I’ve visited. You can tell the owners take pride in maintaining the grounds and natural elements. All of the roads and sites were paved(?) with really nice gravel, and you can tell they put a lot of effort into maintaining that, as well. Another highlight was the nature trail, which was a surprisingly challenging, rocky trail that leads up through the woods from one end of the CG to the other. It wasn’t like hiking Everest or anything, of course, but it definitely felt like a real, scenic hike for a family with little kids, and we felt like we had gotten our workout in afterward.

Concerning the surrounding area, you’ll never lack for things to do in Gettysburg. Obviously, the national battlefield is a must-do. I’m not a history buff by any means, but I really enjoyed the auto tour, and was taken aback at how vast and beautiful the battlefield is, with varying scenery. The actual town of Gettysburg is very cute, crowded during peak season, and offers all sorts of dining options, entertainment, and historical attractions. Any service (gas, groceries, medical, shopping) you need can be easily found in the area.

Overall, the was a very nice, well-maintained little CG and probably my favorite KOA I’ve visited to date. The expert use of landscaping to incorporate the natural, wooded setting really made a great impression on us. We wouldn’t hesitate to return for one of our “glamping” weekends!

Awesome for First Family Camping Trip!

Last weekend we took our first family camping trip! Gettysburg KOA was the perfect place to try out our new truck tent! It was close to the battlefield for touring around. It also had lots of activities for for kids and dogs!