Fallston , MARYLAND

Most Recent Fallston Camping Reviews
Pretty much on the battlefield

We stayed at this campground during the COVID pandemic so not much was open at the campground. But from the looks of it they have a small mini golf area, nice size basketball court and a good size building for activities. This campground has horse stalls and rings if you would like to bring your own horses. There were a few families that brought their horses and they were right across from our site. Kids loved being able to see them and get close and even pet them!

This campground is minutes from town and is practically on the battlefield.

Nice location, decent amenities, large sites

Site Details: I forget our site#, but we were in the wooded area farthest from the central “hub”(in the top left corner if you’re looking at a campground map). Our site was level, shaded and quite large. Almost every site in this section was similarly large and wooded, with an impressive amount of space between sites for a KOA. There was a bathhouse and dish sink nearby, as well as the entrance to a nice little nature trail a few sites down.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a large KOA with lots of sites, set on a hilly/”tiered” landscape with winding roads. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of trees and separation between many sites. If you’re looking for trees and privacy, stick to the sites at the bottom of the hill(top of the CG map). The sites closer to the entrance of the park near all the amenities were definitely packed in tightly. We didn’t get a chance to use the pool, rec hall, or any other facility since we camped during the COVID pandemic. However, we were able to order food from the campground’s onsite cafe, which was surprisingly tasty for standard CG fare. The facilities all seemed clean and well-maintained from what we could see.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: There is a lot to do in the area. Obviously, the biggest draw for this CG is Hershey Park, which was closed while we visited. However, we’d been there prior to this trip, and it’s a great, clean, family-friendly place if you’re into amusement parks. The CG is also an easy drive into Amish country, which is highly recommended for the amazing scenery, food and farmers’ markets. The nearby Conewago Recreation Trail is a great multi-use trail for walking, biking, etc.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay, and found this to be a solid(albeit pricey) KOA in an attractive setting. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again, but we’d likely only be willing to pay the KOA premium price again if all the amenities were open.

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

Quiet Family Fun

What a wonderful place! The resort is spacious, scattered throughout the woods. The RV sites are comfortable with all the amenities. And the customer service is impeccable.

We stayed during a few weekdays in October and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We staying in one of the cabins, which had 2 beds and a bunk bed, sink and toilet, refrigerator, microwave, dining table and sofa. There was also a front porch with picnic table and fire pit.

Honestly, the beds were not very comfortable and way too small for a couple to sleep in one. It was a VERY dark walk to get to the bathhouse for showers. And the fire pit had no grill, so we ended up having to use the stoves of some RV camping friends for meals. Otherwise the stay was great.

I would strongly recommend camping there in the summer months or during weekends in the shoulder season if you have social kids like mine. There were tons of things to do there for adults and kids alike. The activities — such as putt-putt, jump zone and the playground ended up being kinda boring for them without others to share it with. Obviously that would change with crowds. And advance reservations are a must — this place books up fast!

I would highly recommend staying at Merry Meadows, especially if you have an RV and a group of friends to join you!

Great stay

Close to Hershey World, nice campground mid week nice and few campers. Nice staff, trash pickup at site, friendly escort. Check-in process very through, be prepared with drivers license and plate number. Site was spacious, clean and trees between sites so you don't feel crowded in. Would recommend.

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

Owned by liberals that are just mean

I’ve never written a bad review but this place needs to be aired out for how they treat people.

I called this campground several days in advance and talked to someone on the phone and asked if I needed to make a reservation for Friday. I was 38’ and needed 50amps and a sewer dump. The nice lady on the phone said we should have plenty of spaces. I don’t like to make the reservation if I do not have to just Incase we don’t make it as far as we had planned.

Upon arrival I walk into the check in front desk area and the lady working behind the counter quickly states “you can’t be in here without a mask on”. I ask her if she has one because I do not. (I suppose I should have kept some with me but the reason for this trip was to deliver my Motorhome to the new owner and we packed super light to not have a ton of baggage to fly home). She did huff and walk over and give me one from a large pile the had at the desk. Then I told her I needed a spot for the night 50 amps with a clean out. She goes over to the reservation pile and asks what my last name is. I told her I had not made a reservation but I had called a few days ago and the lady on the phone said there should be no problems and will be vacancy. This irritated her for whatever reason. She told me well we only have 30 amp with no sewer. I just figured that they had an unexpected rush of people and it was my fault for not getting a reservation. I told her okay I’ll take it but do they have a 30amp to 50 amp cord I could rent? She quickly snapped and said I have to purchase it. I said I would hold off as maybe the fella that was buying my motor home May have one from his last rig. No big deal. She gave us a map of the park and showed us where to park.

So the directions she gave us to the spot was wrong to start off with but hey mistakes happen. So we get parked in our spot and notice the park has quite a few open spots. I walked over to the row right behind us and there were 10 open spots in a row that had 50 amp service and clean outs. Well we then went back up front because the new owner didn’t have a 30 to 50 amp adapter and asked if they were sure there wasn’t any open spots that had 50 amps because I had seen plenty of open ones. She just snapped at me no. I told her I would take the 30 amp to 50 amp cord because my Motorhome was setup for 50 amp. She went to the shelf and handed it to me and charged me $25. I didn’t even look at it to make sure it was the right one and headed back to the campsite. Well it was the wrong way. It was 50amp to 30amp. (Because most of their sites seem to be 50 amp 😂). On the way back up I checked a couple of other empty sites and as you would think they were ALL 50 amp. When I went back into the front office I told her that I needed the other adapter that this one was wrong I also didn’t have my mask as it fell in the dirt and I was over the antics. At this point another fella was in there that I think was her husband (she had also told me earlier she was the owner) she mumbled “he doesn’t even know what he needs”. I quickly said. Well you gave me the wrong one. And I again I asked about ALL the other 50 amp sites that were open. The guy at this point said with a raised voice “we are completely booked”. I just left.

This place has the worst service and the worst staff ever. I wouldn’t camp here if I were paid to.

I have enclosed a photo of the row behind us that all had 50 amp service with clean outs. Nobody ever showed in the 15-20 spots I just quickly looked at. This place is a joke and owned by your typical liberal haters.

Avoid this place

Somewhat quiet, clean and friendly

Staff is very friendly. Bathhouse is clean but ran out of toilet paper often; they supposedly clean 3 times a day since COVID but we didn’t see that happening on a regular schedule while we were there.

We loved that our site had a path directly to the bathhouse. This meant there wasn’t any foot traffic from people wanting to shower or use the restrooms. Easy access to the utility sink for dishes, too!

There seemed to be a lot of campers in the surrounding lots and still, everyone was quiet between the quiet hours.

Our specific site was supposed to have a tent pad but there wasnt a spot cleared for our tent and we had to move the heavy picnic table so we weren’t putting up our tent on top of the fire ring. We also had to use a paper plate to rake as many rocks and gravel from the site so we could put up our tent without ripping it.

We bought their firewood for $5/crate and it was really wet. It was challenging to get a fire going, which was frustrating. Ended up not being able to have a fire the last morning there and gave away our leftover firewood.

Probably my biggest complaint is that several times, the park maintenance truck drove down the loop where we camped. Our kids are running around and playing and the only vehicle that sped past every time was the park crew vehicle. All other vehicles (belonging to visitors) were respectful and drove slowly. It surprises me that with families camping here, they wouldn’t be more cautious.

All in all: for our first time camping here, it was a decent experience. I don’t know that we’d go there again, but it was a fun one-and-done trip.

More of an RV camping spot

My friends and I booked a spot at this campground after visiting Harrisburg, PA. When we arrived, our expectations were let down by the quality of the campsite simply because of its proximity to its neighbors, the site setup and the limited space for our tents. I give it 4 stars because I am sure all of the problems we experienced would not been a huge deal if we were in an RV. Seemed like a great spot for kids/families especially because it had access to a swimming spot.