Bel Air North, MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Bel Air North

Most Recent Bel Air North Camping Reviews
Not what it seems!

Own a 30 ft fleet wood pull behind and had to back into my space.  Came to the area for fall to see the colors of Amish country.  Electric tripped daily and even burnt about 7 ft of my 30amp cord and ruined my plug.  Response from owner was “I sell them in my gift shop”.  I was more than ticked off and left that same week when I got my electric bill.  They gave me a printout that said I used almost 60 dollars in electric in a week. I use propane for heat and hot water and never had a bill over 40

In my 7 years of owning this camper.  So please be prepared for disappointment with this facility and staff.  Location and setting is amazing but that’s it

Okay campground

This place was to crowded. Campsites are way to close to each other. No privacy

Awesome place back in the when was Marsh Meadows

Chillin as kid was always a good time and had fun camping there back when I worked at the market b4 the 🔥

Mill Creek not here

No such park here. This is Lancaster County Central Park. No camping here.

First camping trip

Went camping for the first time in for ever

Great experince

It was very clean, well maintained, trails were beautiful

Absolutely love this place

It’s super close to home and I love the small feel to it. People keep to themselves and you feel kinda like your by yourself even though the park is usually full. Which I love.

Slice of Nature near big cities

This is part of a super large park that runs 32 miles along the Patapsco River. It has 8 recreation areas and we stayed at the Hollofield Area in April- one of our first experiences in a Maryland State Park. Beautiful park with 70 miles of hiking/biking /multi use trails. There are parks on both sides of the river to explore and experience the trails. Be sure to bring/download maps. You are close to Ellicott& Columbia in Maryland and DC.

Campsites- nice size gravel sites, some are a bit close to each other in the “electric” loop and some face a neighborhood that probably couldn’t be seen if the trees had regained all their foliage. There is only 20/30amp electricity and NO water or sewer- although there was a dump and a place to fill your water tank. No washer or dryers. There is one bathhouse for the campground, which was clean and well maintained. Tenters will be happy because many of the smaller sites were more secluded and had great views of the woods. Cell coverage was good with our sprint/Verizon.

ALSO- APPROACH THIS PARK ONLY FROM THE WEST IF YOUR VEHICLE IS OVER 11 FEET HIGH. (There is a 11’ bridge coming east bound into this park.)

We enjoyed hiking the trails directly from our campsite that led us down to the Patapsco River. There is a lot of history associated with the River and the area. You can even swim in this river. Fishing looked like fun too but we didn’t have time.

We really loved road biking to the nearby H Mart to have fun shopping and browsing their unique selection. (This is a super large Korean store packed with fruits, vegetables, seafood and other food stuff that could put an American grocery store to shame. If you are into K Beauty, they have a nice selection)

You can also bike/drive to nearby Ellicott city which has a charming downtown area.

There is mountain biking and kayaking in the area but we were not in explorer mode this visit because we were visiting family.

Here is a link to the updated trail map of the area:

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Great Park!

Very family friendly park. Cabins, RV, Tent - full amenities. Lots of things to do. A little pricy, but worth it especially with kids.