Camping in Sample

181 Reviews of 26 Sample, Kentucky Campgrounds

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

m
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

First visit to campgrounds

Our spot was great and didn’t require much leveling. We did get a deluxe spot. However we only got the spot because at the others were sold out. Many of the other Spots were on hills and right on top of each other. Driving in and out was a bit challenging mainly because a lot of people parked their…

Site53-D
D
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Peaceful

Great campground. Wooded and water sites available

Siteb18
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Beautiful, forested campground

I’ve been camping at OBannon Woods for 25+ years. The campground is large, mostly shady and very well-kept. Bathhouses feel luxuriously clean and large compared to most campgrounds. There are multiple play areas for children and beautiful hiking trails within and around the campground itself.

Sitemultiple sites
Month of VisitNovember
a
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Very nice lots of trees and pond

Lots of trees and a nice fishing pond. The bathrooms were clean. Very affordable. We checked in late and left early so we didn’t get to see the little store. When I called to make a reservation the lady was very nice and helpful.

Sitenumber 35
Nathan W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Avoid 33-P at all cost

Sites are close together. 33-P is terrible. Took me an hour and an engineering degree to get it leveled safely.

Site33-P
M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Amazing View

Amazing View. Close to Mammoth Cave as well.

SiteA12
L
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Fun family campground

This is a great location near the lake, dog park and community center and has excellent internet access.

Site80-L
Riley S.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Summer Fun

This is a nice quiet campground. I have taken my daughters here a few times. Swimming and tubing in the lake or even taking the pontoon boat out for a gathering on the island.

The campground is very clean and the camp hosts are amazing. Facilities are nice, showers and bathrooms. Close to town…

SiteE070
Emily C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Great spot to rest

The bathrooms were beautiful and air conditioned! They were very clean and smelled like a swimming pool. They were nice and cool after a hot sweaty day and tent camping.

Sitetent
Troy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Awesome park

We were passing through on our way north. Chances a reservation here, as KOAs are hit or miss. We had our 16 yo grand daughter with us, and she actually had fun. Very well kept and the staff is great.

Christina M.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Overall good with a few drawbacks

I was tent camping with my family Thursday-Saturday while visiting Mammoth Cave.

The good: the tent campground has spacious, level sites. The sites are located in a grove of pine trees, which makes for well shaded sites with a pleasant surface of soft pine straw to pitch your tents. A few…

• Fishing at Nolin Lake
SiteP16
S
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Full time Rving

We live here full time love the camp site an the people who run the place an live here as well

Jeannie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Tent sites are primative

Bathrooms are a hike so plan ahead if you are tent camping.

Sitetent. no site #