Craintown , KENTUCKY

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Craintown Camping Reviews
Kentucky Horse Park Campground, KY

Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and educational center. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the tours were unavailable when we visited. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They all come with a picnic table, fire pit and full hook-ups. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were clean and also well maintained. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A great location, especially if planning to visit Lexington during your stay.

A bit of heaven

We have stayed here two times and I have been very pleased with our stay. Yes it is small but very good managerment and ver clean facilities. Great playground and pool. Very close to lake and close to town for supplies. We will go back again in 2021.

Remote, Quiet, and Beautiful

We camped here when we did a trip to Mammoth Cave NP. This campground has plenty of campsites and some cabins. They offer long term stays here too. The campground is close to Lake Cumberland which is a beautiful very large man made lake. The campground itself has nice and clean bathrooms and showers and the staff is very nice and friendly. It has a pool, playground, and a nice game room. It is a bit off the beaten path but it was a pleasure staying here. The campsites are set up nicely with plenty of room and they even have small wooden fence dividers. Nice little touch.

This was a very nice, clean, family friendly campground!

We loved the campground!  The facilities were very nice and clean.  The park was clean and very spacious.  We had lots of room in our space and we were not on top of our neighbors!!  Our dogs loved the park.  We will be back to stay again.

All around amazing!

If you love water and nature this is the place for you! Beautiful river front campground that is peaceful. There is a boat ramp (perfect for my kayak), docks to go fishing off of, lots of nature and trails. I just brought my RV here for an extended stay and the staff made every effort to make sure my stay would be enjoyable! They even came out and helped me hook everything up (I’m a newbie to RV camping). They have new owners and the staff is very welcoming and treat you like family and friends. I highly recommend this place and so thankful I found this little gem!

This will be VERY different experience for you and your family! Promise!

I have GREAT news for you! You will find a much different experience with the new Management! AND new hiking and biking trails being put in this month! We are excited to be part of this beautiful property. Come have some fun with us! CumminsFerry.com

Good news! Under New Management! Come. let's have some fun!

Good news! Under New Management- come have some fun with us and sit by the waterfall and river! CumminsFerry.com

Great Accommodations!!

Perfect over night spot on our way down south. Great pull-thru site, we were able to stay connected and seconds away from the freeway. Site 61 is awesome!

Very Nice Campsite

We only stayed one night but would definitely return. We got a pretty leveled site right on the river. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Much improved

I visited Pulaski County Park several years ago and it was okay. They have made several improvements since then and it is a lot better. The campground is spread across the hills and “bays” of the park. Not crowded right now and the water is WAY down. There is the hilltop “parking lot” pull throughs , the largest part of the campground spread across the knoll , to include water front sites and primitive sites across the road in the trees, also some water front sites. The trails are varied and pretty cool. They twist and turn and cross creeks and hill tops. I won’t say their easy to navigate but it’s doable if you pay attention to the names and direction your going. They are all mountain bike oriented and a few are challenging. The layout of the park is also confusing at times. I’ve been there several times and just recently found another parking area and trailhead. I’m surprised they don’t have a tree top trail or zip line, might be in future plans. The disc golf will take you on quite a hike and to another parking lot and trailhead totally outside the park. And of course there is the water sports/ recreation. I wouldn’t travel from across the country to visit this park, however it is a nice local place to spend a family week/end or just relax.