The best RV SITES camping near
Rose Hill Gardens , DELAWARE

Most Recent Rose Hill Gardens Camping Reviews
ok rv campground

It's an ok campground, nothing really special. It does have a nice playground for the little kids. The spots were tight and when our neighbor parked his truck in his spot, my chair could almost touch it. We came for opening season and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there. It's more of a closed net group of people as we rarely had anyone wave to us. It just wasn't as friendly as so many other sites. Almost no one wore masks around so that made me think they must know each other. There are a bunch of walking paths that lead from the camp so you have ample places to walk. The bathroom was clean but needs to be updated a bit. My husband and son kept saying they didn't have soap in their public bathroom but I had no problems in mine. The exit is very tight to get out of and all lanes are one way so be careful if you have a big rig.

Very Friendly place

The staff was very friendly and so we're the people who were staying here as well. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Looking forward to coming back in the summer. Thank you Brenda our check in lady, you made us feel welcome 😊

Great extended weekend

Spent a great extended weekend on in the park. Did some fishing and received good tips from the locals.

The park ranger staff was great and informed us that there was a junior ranger program for kids. We had done a jr. program in national parks and was a great way for us to lean about the area and it’s wildlife as a family.

My kids were excited to earn badges and certificates when they finished. The pet friendly loop was great for our dog and had full hookup sites in that loop for those that need it.

If you have time there are plenty of places for hiking in the park or just outside. We enjoyed a nice leisurely hike at Crows Nest Preserve that went through beautiful PA farmland.

Nice place

Cody campground in the heart of Amish country. Our site backed up to horse farm

Nice park...large wide open sites

We spent one night here last week on our way to NYC. Staff was great. Sites were nicely spread out. Full hook ups.

Do not camp here

I want to start off by saying that I did not camp here. I live close enough though that I thought I would make the drive and check it out since it was not previously reviewed.

This is a run down hotel with "long term" rv campers.

I felt unsafe enough and uncomfortable enough that I never even got out of my car and didn't bother getting photos. I'm actually happy I didn't bring my kids with me to check out this site.

Would avoid at all costs if possible.

Gorgeous River Views

This was the first KOA we visited and I can't begin to say enough wonderful things about the whole campground.

The sites, particularly those on the Brandywine River, have amazing views. They are close enough for you to camp with a group, but most also have a small fence between each site to clearly delineate between the sites.

The camp playground was brand new when we arrived and they had just broken ground (September 2020). There are two different playground in the same area to accommodate kids of all ages. They also have pickleball, mini golf and a lovely pool.

The camp store is well stocked and has delicious ice cream.

Nearby are great places to go hiking as well as a canoe and rafting outfit. We choose to do both on this trip and weren't disappointed with either.

We are definitely looking forward to returning soon!

Small and Nice

This was our first time here and it’s only an hour from home. I was hopeful for another nice DE state park and I wasn’t disappointed. All DE parks are nicely laid out. There were shaded spots and sunny spots. Bathhouse was clean. The camp loop is a nice walk but there are also trails. They were pretty muddy when we were there. Site 35 was quite spacious as were many of them. Sites do sit close to the road but are spacious side to side. There is a large field in the center and woods surrounding the loop. Site 33 was close to our back side but site 37 was far from us. There is one cross road with sites and those were closer together. Sites on pond side were more spread apart than the opposite side. The one tent area was behind and slightly surrounding an RV site which was weird. The other tent areas were separate from RV sites. I would recommend this campground.

Beautiful State Park

Quiet, friendly campground. Lots to do and see. Family friendly, some loops dog friendly and very people friendly. Sites don't have too much privacy, but still love it.

Nice campground walking distance from Dutch Wonderland!

Nice campground with a creek that runs along the backside of the campground! Even though the amusement park wasn’t open yet, kids still had a good time! The grounds are clean and there’s also a small playground and basketball court!