Divide , COLORADO

Most Recent Divide Camping Reviews
Great Road Trip Campsite

There are many beautiful campsites here. Tenting sites are separated from RV sites, which I appreciated. There are beautiful fire pits and standard picnic tables. Night temps were good for car camping in winter months. Hikes of any length can be started right from the campground or a short drive away. Maximum stay allowed is 72 hours.

Free sites w permit, hike in .5 miles

Shlep your shtuff .5 miles from the lot to the tent pads. Pack it and pack it out. You must get your permit from the Jeffco open space office so look it up on their website. Reynolds park has many nice trails.

Beuatiful, but Noobs Beware!

Sorry, No photos. It is very beautiful up there. I have only been here once, and I did not do enough research. I recently purchased a 26ft sustainable travel trailer and decided to take it out for the first time. Well the road up is very tight. Very skinny switchbacks. About half way up looking for a way to turn around. We got lucky and found a space just barely large enough to back in to carfully. I am a first time TT owner so, yeah it was a bit nerve racking. Although it was very beautiful, I will not make that mistake again. Don't go up if you are pulling anything larger than a tear drop trailer. I didn't go all the way up, so I don't know if there is any kind of turn around up there. If someone knows, please enlighten me, as would like to know if I was going to be screwed if I went all the way up.

Excellent State Park

Colorado Springs offers much to do and this campground is a great spot to unhook. “The Meadows” is one of the loops…all level spots here, full hook-up. Not much privacy or shade, but would still highly recommend. The park location is close to Garden of the Gods, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Pike’s Peak and more. The park offers many wonderful hiking trails…and a frisbee golf course. Convenient drive to grocery stores and restaurants.

A wonderful getaway

Beautiful, peaceful and most importantly a very clean campground for adventurers and families alike! My girlfriend and I loved our stay here!

Perfect grounds for City plus nature

I typically rate campgrounds as they fit into 1 of 5 categories. This campground will be rated as a Regional/Public Park — Grounds that are on public lands, and have a cost for entry and/or overnight stay. Ratings for this category are based on: Cost: 5 Allure of the park/lands: 4 Amenities as available (bathrooms, showers, hookups, etc): 5 Layout and privacy of sites: 5

We absolutely loved this park. The campground recently got an update and so the visitor center and layout are new & improved. It’s a huge park with 4 separate camping areas. We stayed in Loop A with full hookups, about 1/4 mile from the marina. Privacy was excellent, barely visible to the neighbors on the next road and far enough separated from out NextDoor neighbors (at least 100’). The grounds are level and paved and include a nice gravel picnic area and fire pit. We didn’t use any facilities, but they dotted the entire campgrounds.

It’s worth noting that in addition to the $30/night fee (for FHU) you must also pay $10/day for a park pass or otherwise pay $80 for an annual, which we opted for.

Staff was very friendly. Access to walking and biking trails was awesome and we got on the lake for some swimming and SUP’ing too. The swim “beach” is quite rocky… basically broken dirt clumps, but it made do for the afternoon. 30 min to Downtown Denver and 50 min to Boulder.

Heavenly

Thank you Heather C.!! Best suggestion… Best view… Best spot if all you need is to get away….

WILD Life All Around

We really enjoyed the trails. Mule deer wondering around, humming birds whizing by truly enchanting.

Great spot, beautiful area

Nice dispersed camping sites. Our only complaint was the couple that decided to join us at our site without asking, saying please, or even thank you for allowing them to stay. They also had a dog which agitated our dogs for the rest of our stay. Get it together folks!

Nice and Clean

Overall great campground with nice spacing between sites. WiFi is free but super slow.