Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
Equestrian
About Indian Paintbrush Campground—Bear Creek Lake Park

The Indian Paintbrush Campground is located within the county-run Bear Creek Lake recreation area outside Denver, CO. In close proximity to the city of Denver and popular tourist destinations like Red Rocks amphitheater, the Bear Creek Lake Park camping blends urban and rural qualities to make one of the finest camping destinations around Denver. The campground has 47 campsites, 3 cabins, 2 yurts and 1 group site.

County
Max Length: 50 ft.
Indian Paintbrush Campground—Bear Creek Lake Park is located in Colorado
19 Reviews of Indian Paintbrush Campground—Bear Creek Lake Park
first time camping

not to bad but need to have a sleeping pad

Great campground

Super clean campground. Close to Red Rocks and Denver. You have to drive a bit to get to the lake. Some nice hiking and biking trails off the campground. Beautiful views of the mountains. Has trash and recycling areas. Would stay here again!

Get to the water early

Clean restrooms and friendly staff. Not a lot of natural shade so be sure to bring your own. Get up early if you don’t want to fight crowds at the lakes for water activities. Trail ride at sunset was a lit of fun and the sunsets did not disappoint.

Great time!

Had a relaxing few nights here. Kids loved the playground at the campsite. Lake was peacful and calm.

Convenient for Red Rocks

I've stayed here twice, the first time in a tent, and the second time we rented a yurt. The tent spaces are very close to one another so the yurt was way worth the upgrade. This campground is a bit urban-feeling. Had nice shower house and bathrooms.
We had a lovely day hanging out by the lake.

Super chill

Really calm vibe here. Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights while the camp Was completely full. The amount of space they give each camper spot is more than plenty. Lovely clean facilities. Very well taken care of camping ground. Tons of trails and other activities to do here. I throughly enjoyed all the things about this place. I will come back and stay again if I am in the area. Perfect place to camp if you are going to a red rocks show. It’s only a 10 min drive away.

Red Rocks

My oldest daughter (27) and I went on our first trip without my husband along. We stayed at Indian Paintbrush Campground in Bear Creek Park in Lakewood, CO right next to Red Rocks Amphitheater. We went to a concert (Old Dominion) and it was a perfect set up. Lyft picked us up and dropped us off from our site. We could not have been closer. There were coyotes, owls, and rabbits in the huge urban park. Highly recommend this spot for concerts at one of the best venues ever.

Great campground close to Red Rocks with lots to do!

We chose this campground to be close to Red Rocks for a show. We didn’t expect much from it, but we really liked it! Yes– as some reviews say– you can see Home Depot from the campground. However, there are tons of trails and a lake to explore as well!! The sites are electric only, so make sure you dump/fill before you get set up. Also, the showers are coin operated. The hosts were awesome here. We really enjoyed chatting with them! The campground is super popular so if you are thinking about going and there is actually availability, book it!!

Location is a plus!

I love that it is not as packed in the back of the reservoir as it is at the sand beach. There isn't too much parking but has a few good trails to bike and hike. Lots of canopy covered forest in the  campsite area. Big Soda Lake is crazy busy. Don't expect to be able to make it back in if you leave and it's hard to find a quiet spot as most of the area is crammed with people.

Nice park, always busy