The best BOAT IN camping near
Divide , COLORADO

Most Recent Divide Camping Reviews
Perfect grounds for City plus nature

I typically rate campgrounds as they fit into 1 of 5 categories. This campground will be rated as a Regional/Public Park — Grounds that are on public lands, and have a cost for entry and/or overnight stay. Ratings for this category are based on: Cost: 5 Allure of the park/lands: 4 Amenities as available (bathrooms, showers, hookups, etc): 5 Layout and privacy of sites: 5

We absolutely loved this park. The campground recently got an update and so the visitor center and layout are new & improved. It’s a huge park with 4 separate camping areas. We stayed in Loop A with full hookups, about 1/4 mile from the marina. Privacy was excellent, barely visible to the neighbors on the next road and far enough separated from out NextDoor neighbors (at least 100’). The grounds are level and paved and include a nice gravel picnic area and fire pit. We didn’t use any facilities, but they dotted the entire campgrounds.

It’s worth noting that in addition to the $30/night fee (for FHU) you must also pay $10/day for a park pass or otherwise pay $80 for an annual, which we opted for.

Staff was very friendly. Access to walking and biking trails was awesome and we got on the lake for some swimming and SUP’ing too. The swim “beach” is quite rocky… basically broken dirt clumps, but it made do for the afternoon. 30 min to Downtown Denver and 50 min to Boulder.

Nice and Clean

Overall great campground with nice spacing between sites. WiFi is free but super slow.

There are better spots. Seek them out!

I don’t want to put this place on blast because it’s exactly what you’d expect from an RV park near a tourist attraction: tight spots and minimal privacy. Looking at other recent reviews, it seems my issues with this “resort” were encountered by other campers as well. Buyer beware!

• I paid $63/night for a Deluxe Plus Back-In spot. I was given D18 which was not only incredibly narrow, but very difficult to get into. Other, cheaper sites around the campground were much more spacious and didn’t require removing my sway bars to back in to. • After getting setup I found out that I’d need to climb up the short retaining wall into my neighbors site to hookup our water hose. The spigot was shared between our sites and thankfully our neighbor was kind enough to provide a splitter since the campground did not. • Literally the only reason I reserved a site here was because the resort advertised free WiFi and I knew I’d need connectivity to work for a couple of days. Let me be clear: THIS CAMPGROUND DOES NOT HAVE USABLE OR RELIABLE INTERNET! It’s obvious that management is aware of this as well since they go so far as to include a note in the check-in packet stating “no refunds or credits will be issued for internet issues”. Combined with no AT&T service (not their fault) this was a non-starter. • As stated by other campers, there is a lot of false advertising with this location. The photos on the website are not from this resort. The whole place just looks dated and in need of an update. • Laundry: Expensive. Washers are small and cost $2.50/load. There is a change machine inside the laundry, as well as a vending machine that sells detergent for $1.00/load and a 2-pack of dryer sheets for $1.00. Dryers are large and can accommodate up to (3) loads at a time, which is good because there are only three of them in the main building and one was out of service when I stayed here. Assume it will cost you about $2.00 per load to use the dryer.

Coming from Breckinridge, I guess I'm spoiled

Although admin are on point, the price we paid is rather up there but that's what you'd expect for the location. All RV spots are ridiculously close. Not only did I feel I was about to hit my new neighbor, I found out that I share a water spout with my back neighbor. Checking in late, I didn't know we would SHARE a water spigot with my back neighbor until the next day. After calling the front desk, we found out the spigot was for both us and our back neighbor took both water hose outlets (AND took the splitter when they left in the morning). IIWII (It is was it is).

Here's the pros - a rather extensive arcade for kids and me, cute did bungalow, multiple laundry locations, pool (not available during this time), saw a deer just chilling in our backyard, overall nice location if it weren't so crowded during low season

Location, Location, Location

The location is why people stay here, and it is far less sketchy than other nearby resorts. Spots are close together and it is a busy place, so don’t expect privacy. We upgraded to a Deluxe Plus Back-in site so we could have more room and it provided more space and privacy than the site we had originally booked. Hookups were good and close to our camper, and we had plenty of trees for shade in the afternoon.

Close to shops, restaurants, attractions and walking distance to Garden of the Gods. The intersection to pull in and out is a bit strange but navigable. Despite the close proximity to roads and highways the road noise is minimal.

Website is misleading and has images not from this actual resort. For the cost, the grounds could use some updating and maintenance.

Dirt, washboard roads are killer

We drove a 22' TT to the far side of this reservoir, following CO98. It was a newbie mistake and I'm posting this to warn others. The drive was beautiful, but once we got to the far side of the spillway, the road became awful. Total washboard and it shook our truck and camper so hard we were relegated to driving under 5mph. We stopped at a campsite for a break. The lake was stunning! The water was a blue that was striking. The north side of the lake was appeared to be protected by the cliffs and I would have enjoyed seeing that area, but by the time we made it back to Highway 24, I was never so happy to turn onto a highway. At that point I swore I'd never go back~ but after reading other reviews, maybe for a day trip. The side road to highway 24 was also in bad condition with major washouts. Driver BEWARE. We had to reattach lights, doors, drawers (yes, all of those things were shaken off, it was that bad).

Great spot

It was great I loved the rock formations between the campsites! Beautiful views of the lake. I did get cell service which was nice. Overall a success!

Fun and loud

Fun place to camp lots of sites and pretty trails, however this is known for its off-road ATV riders. If you're staying for a night or you're ATV for the weekend this is your spot. Don't bring the family if you plan on having a quiet weekend. Pack on and pack out, no bathrooms. Just one public one along the road somewhere. You're better off digging a hole.

Views!

We spent one night here and were very impressed.  It was early in the week, mid September so the park sites were pretty empty for tent campers.  There were a few late arrival big rigs though they did not really bother us.  Bear country, for sure.  Though we did not see any, it felt like we were on the edge.  This was probably due to the signage everywhere.  Bathrooms were ok, not the best but i think that is probably due to staying right after a busy weekend.  Stay in the top sights, rocky ridge.  Found a nice flat spot for our RTT.

Clean and Convenient

Wonderful campground with easy and clear call in reservation process. Like most of these urban campgrounds realestate is expensive so sites are on the small side, but plenty of room and the place is well designed. Bathrooms are warm and clean, access code used. We appreciated the area for dishwashing outside the bathroom area, though the water there was not very hot. We spent two nights and enjoyed it very much, nice neighbors and very quiet at night.