Miracle Valley, ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Miracle Valley
Most Recent Miracle Valley Camping Reviews
Gorgeous!

Campsites are a nice size, plenty of hiking trails and a mile or so to the Carr peak trail head! Hardly anyone there on a weekend. Highly recommend and gorgeous year around!

Too busy!

In theory this is a great location but it is just too crowded. You’d have to go mid week to enjoy it. Drove through on a Sunday evening and left right away as there was no parking left and no space left on the “beach”. . At least a hundred people easy by the water.

Very nice

Clean and beautiful

Our first camping trip with our 5th Wheel.

We chose Kartchner Caverns State Park for our 1st trip out. Very nice Campground with the Cavern tour to add to the adventure. Campground Host’s were very helpful and courteous.

Friendly and right in the heart of Tombstone

Only 1 block from the historic district, which is great. The man that checked me in was super nice and friendly. Over all the park is pretty simple. Full hook ups. Bathrooms and showers on site, although not the cleanest. WiFi signal pretty much doesn’t work.

The cave

Nice place to camp. All roads are pave and sites are level. The caverns are amazing.

Yep

Love it.. Clean nice.. We will always go back

Beautiful lake view!

Beautiful sunsets in the fishing isn't half-bad either!!

High Desert

Dry camping and good hiking. Cheap stay and deposit on honor system.

Beautiful and scenic.

Worth the visit. Very picturesque

Great place to stay!

Wonderfull, quiet RV and MH park located within easy walking to several stores and community park.  Like a little oasis set back from the main road in the center of the city.  Call for nightly, weekly or monthly 30 or 50 amp RV and dry storage rates  Has night security and cameras.

Place to stay in gunfighters town

Great place great staff new pool no dust great location easy access just north of town about a mile stayed three weeks last time will be staying again in 2020 really enjoyed our last time only place for us in that area 👍

Quiet, Clean.

My family and I have taken our travel trailer here several times. Bathrooms and showers are clean. You can visit the caverns, hike and bike ride. If you forget something Walmart is one exit over.

A lovely drive to reach a lovely little campground

We were here mid-week the end of May and the campground was almost full. There were lots of families with young children having a great time fishing and playing in the water. The Visitor Center is also child friendly. We were in a Class B in an RV site but there were lots of tent campers too. We enjoy the easy hiking paths around the park but have also brought a small boat on occasion. There is a nice place to launch a boat there and the lake is divided between places to take speed boats and a quiet place for those of us who like to troll peacefully.

Great view

Great view nice weather

Not as nice as it used to be

Great getaway for a weekend

Easy Access to Patagonia

Just a few miles up Harshaw Rd. (just outside of the adorable village of Patagonia), you will find a variety of free camping options with no services, just National Forest land available to both RVers and tent campers.  There are streams running throughout the area, but the water simply isn’t drinkable even with filtering and leaves a sticky white mineral residue on everything it touches; thank goodness there is a reverse osmosis filling machine in the village of Patagonia, right in front of the bakery.  The backroads in this area are great for hiking or mountain biking, you can choose from relatively flat to crazy steep with amazing views.

The village of Patagonia is colorful and fun, and has a nice market with a great produce selection for its size, a small bakery, a launderette, a gas station, and a few cleverly named restaurants. Also, be sure to check out the Paton Center for Hummingbirds (a birdwatcher’s paradise) -- it’s free! The locals are super friendly.

Note: You will see Border Patrol both hanging out in hidden spots and zooming down the roads through this area, appearing to be in hot pursuit.  But we never saw a single “situation” that warranted their presence.

Vintage Camper Heaven!

Stopping at this “campground” is a must if you love vintage campers!  Since we have a vintage canned ham of our own, we didn’t stay the night, but the manager gave us an awesome, very detailed tour.  Think of this as a hotel made up of vintage campers (from Airstreams to canned hams to Spartans), all decked out in the stylings of their individual eras.  There is even a vintage boat and vintage bus that have been transformed into rooms. Each space is very clean and has a functional kitchen and bathroom, as well as an outdoor sitting area.  A common shower house and bathroom is available to guests, and eventually they will have their 1950’s diner up and running (after some renovations). In addition, they have a handful of campsites with electric hook-ups where you can bring your own RV for $35 a night.  If you are tent camping, this is not for you.

One of the coolest things about The Shady Dell is that it is just minutes away from the historic copper mining town of Bisbee, one of the most interesting, funky, eclectic, artsy, liberal, ramshackle places we’ve ever visited in the U.S.  Download a map of the Bisbee 1000 Stair Climb Challenge and take off on your own tour of this old village or hire one of the locals to do it for you. This place is a trip – both back in time and forward in time, all at the same time.

BLUEBONNET RV RESORT, MISSION, TEXAS

A LOVELY RV RESORT IN A LOVLEY SETTING. VERY FRIENDLY. CLEAN & AND P ET FRIENDLY. THE JAM SESSIONS THAT ARE HELD ON THURS IS THE COUNTRY JAM HOSTED BY A VERY SWEET MAN, CHUCK, & ON SUNDAY IS THE GOSPEL JAM HOSTED BY, DWIGHT, A VERY CHRISTIAN MAN. THE MUSIC BOTH NIGHTS ARE AWESOME…I cant think of a better place to spend the winter.

Gorgeous Hiking & Climbing Opps!

Various Oaks and Alligator Junipers abound at this cute little National Forest campground tucked in the Dragoon Mountains, another of Arizona’s beautiful “Islands in the Sky.”  Named for the late Apache leader, Chief Cochise, this campground sits at the base of a few absolutely gorgeous hiking trails and rock climbing areas.

Each site has a good amount of space but oddly a small amount of space for tents and RV’s longer than 24 feet won’t fit in most of the sites.  There is no privacy in between sites, but each site has good tree coverage (almost too much for our solar suitcase on an extension cord). Each site has a huge cement picnic table, fire ring, and grill and there are a couple composting toilets.  There was no drinking water available at the campground (the website says there is water), but there is a creek you can pull water from for filtering, so come prepared.

Important note:  If there is rain in the forecast, be aware that you may get stuck in this campground for a couple of days, as you have to cross numerous washes on the road to/from the campground. We were there for 3 days before it was safe to pull a small camper across the “death wash” that grew to 6 feet high and 20 feet wide during a 24-hour rain event!

Amazing

Kartchner caverns is an incredible place in the desert. It’s worth it to take the cavern tour! Beautiful views from the hiking trails. Large campsites.

Best place to see sand hill cranes

Go in spring.

Love it here!

So friendly! Nice dog park, good wifi, activities like potlucks and poker. Would definitely come back.

Stayed Feb. 14, 2019 - March 14, 2019

Staff is very friendly, good size sites, beautiful views, and bathrooms are clean. Cable and WI FI available. They had a luncheon for Valentines day and Fat Tuesday, We enjoyed our time and will return again.

After 10 years of RVing this is still my favorite campgrounds.

Secluded and very private. Large enough for your every need. Two nearest towns are 15-20 miles away. Sierra Vista has anything anyone would want and Tombstone is a tourist haven. Recommend this site to anyone that wishes to avoid large crowds and loves open skies and spaces.

Clean & Very affordable

Can’t believe this place is only $10 a night! Clean bathroom and nice space. I’d definitely return

Perfect Little Oasis in the Southwest

Even when it's busy, it's not overwhelmingly so. Visit the beach, walk the bridge, rent a boat, or fish the lake during your camping trip. I love this place. Different ambiance than most AZ lakes. Plenty of RV parking or for tent campers preferring privacy, make sure to book a boat-in site. If you book early enough, you can snag site 38! It's technically a boat-in site but you can park in the parking lot and walk a short distance down the stairs to your own private little area. Of course, you'll have passersby looking for a great fishing spot or just walking the lake but otherwise this is your best bet for privacy without actually having a boat. Bathrooms and showers have always been clean during my trips. Convenient store always had necessities and ice cream cones to top it off. There is cell phone service but check your roaming! At times service providers will detect your in Mexico! I love this place.

Small campground near beautiful Patagonia lake

This campsite is well maintained but very, very busy! There’s access to the lake where you can swim, kayak, etc.

We had to stop after being so shocked to find out what "THE THING" was

If you have traveled anywhere within 70 miles of Dragoon, Arizona you know you have seen a sign saying come see "The Thing", so naturally after seeing that for over an hour we decided we had to stop! We decided while we were here to check out a few campgrounds to give a little feedback and the Half Moon Ranch was one of those.

This is not a site I would usually consider for stay because while it does have tent sites it more focuses on the ranch aspect with ranch houses and focus on horseback riding and rock climbing, neither of which are really my thing. In fact, when I checked in to the facility I actually saw nothing to indicate tents would even have a space if they were considering staying the night.

The site was nice for what it was and is run as a part of the Coronado National Forest so it was maintained to standard.

This was a great place to stretch out and check out something new and who knows maybe in the future if I decide I need something a little different in my life I can check it out. But until then, I'll just chalk this up to a good stop after paying my quarter to see "the thing" nearby.

I can’t lie it got 5 stars on the bathroom/showers alone!!! Beautiful scenery great places to hike. Rangers and park staff are so friendly and great with kids. Park hosts are all business as I’m sure they see all kinds. we really only interacted with them upon set up. No dog run but dogs are welcome you just have to keep them on a leash. Spacious showers good water pressure. If you’re in a tent I did notice a sizable platform area. Lots are fairly level. We had some wildlife visit or site. We also took the tour of the caverns. It was good but extremely humid so beware. It was about 30 min drive to Tombstone I think.