The best WALK IN camping near
Upper Brandon , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Upper Brandon Camping Reviews
Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites are great (about a 5 min walk apart), with a fire pit, picnic table, trash, and ours had a set up for a hammock. Even with what it looked like every campsite full, it was peaceful and pretty. Our toddler had a blast! They are a working farm so it was fun to have the option to buy eggs, herbs or wine. We picked up a t-shirt on the way out and will be back for the troller :)

Extenuating circumstances

We arrived on opening day (March 19, 2021) for the season. They had unfortunately been a victim of the rain and the main road to the campground had washed out. Alternative routes were set up to enter and exit. I understand from reading other reviews that they can routinely have problems when it rains . We were placed in a small site in front of the check in location. We were pre assigned a site and not given a choice. The mud and puddles were so bad we couldn’t locate the sewer connection. But the next day they came over and found it for us and leveled out some gravel piles that had been dumped on the site. The site was level and gravel. A picnic table and fire ring was available. The roads are a bit narrow and there are lots of trees. Plenty of nice area to walk our dog. We didn’t use or even go in the bathhouses so can’t comment on those. All in all it was okay… as long as it doesn’t rain. It appeared there were some full time cabin residents and camper residents as well. Location was great and we loved going into Colonial Williamsburg from here.

Love

To kayak here it’s the bomb !

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Quick in town get away

Good little spot for last minute camping in town. There is a lake for fishing with boat rentals available. Not very quite as it’s located near a busy road. (Saunders road). You can hear cars ambulance etc. all night. You must reserve your spot in advance. RV, tent, hammock, and fire friendly.

Lovely and lively

Every camper’s dream spot. Seriously, this modern giant state park has it all: mostly private sites, a paved road for biking, plenty of tree cover( even in winter) a lifetime’s worth of trails to explore, and clean, legit bathrooms and showers. Firewood for sale by QR code, almost total darkness at night. Site 118 was perfect for our camper van. Could see one site across the road but other neighbors were mostly hidden. Short walk to showers and toilet. Powhatan Trail entrance is right off the loop and lovely, even in December. Pack your bags and go!

So Much To Do!

This campground is beautiful! We have been here multiple times but have only car camped here one night. This park has trails, a sprayground, playground, camping, cabins, nature center, and picnic areas. I love this park. It really is beautiful. We stayed here one night for a vintage scooter rally. The bathrooms were very clean and well lit. It was nice and quiet and I love the campsites themselves. It was a nice site with a picnic table, lantern holder, and tent pad. The camp store was closed by the time we arrived but we had everything we needed. We even did a little Geocaching fun while we were there. I love this park and look forward to more camping hopefully next year. They do have yurts and cabins too. Great place for stargazing but city lights are close by.

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !