The best BOAT IN camping near
Trantwood Shores , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Trantwood Shores Camping Reviews
Awesome canoe camping

My group and I stayed at the Benett’s creek high ground primitive camp sites 1-3. It was a 4.5 mile paddle to the site, then roughly 1.5 down to the dock with a staged vehicle. The only complaint is the houses near the sites had a dog that barked all night. Super annoying.

Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

Can’t Wait To Go Back

Went in October 2020. We stayed in a small but nice and cozy site #170 (had water and 30A electric). This place is perfect to unwind and not be too far from civilization. We took the kiddos to the beach and just sat back and relaxed. We were able to maintain a safe distance since the camper access to the beach is separate. Overall loved it and would definitely recommend to all.

Great KOA

We stayed here for Memorial Day 2020. This place is a hidden gem although a little pricey. Lots to do for the kids and overall a great time.

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !

Fantastic campground with a unique experience

Fantastic campground. Very basic, yet had a great appeal. It was minutes to walk to the bay, and only minutes to drive to Virginia Beach center. Each site was open, yet surrounded by trees, so you still felt somewhat secluded. It was so relaxing to sit in a tube and float on the bay. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the facilities were very clean. Be forewarned, it is directly next to the army base. We have stayed here twice. When we stayed to the left, closer to the camp store, we heard nothing. It was very quiet. Our 2nd trip, we stayed to the right. We could throw a stick and hit the government fences. Every night, we heard aerial training, saw fighter planes flying overhead, even had a helicopter nearly put out our fire. One night, we woke up at 2am to m80s going off in our ears. It is all training and there was no danger at all, but it was quite noisy for my comfort. Was pretty cool to hear the star spangled banner play every morning at 9am. It was definitely an experience I will never forget! I will definitely be visiting again, but choosing to stay closer to the store next time!

Relaxation on the Sound.

This KOA is actually still under construction. As with everything else Covid-19 has set it back. But there are many sites available. A lot of the amenities are already available. Dog park, shower house, store, children's play area and they can fill your propane tanks for you. Full hookups with WiFi and cable. Drive through and back in sites with water views all around. We spent a week there and it was so relaxing. They also rent campers and little trailers. Check out their website.

And another great VA State Park!

Love Chippokes! Feels country-esque but also like you're on a plantation! Beautiful trails. Great (paved) campground! Feels like you're a million miles away from it all.

Love VA State Parks!

Great campground! Right on the water (just walk over the dune!). Sites are not as spacious as other VA State Parks, but you're still not crammed on top of each other.

GREAT walking/hiking area across the road from campground. LOTS of trails to spend the day on!