Nature

About This Campground

State Park

Add Campground Info

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite
  • Hike In
    Hike a trail to your campsite
  • Boat In

• 9
J
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Merchant Mill Pond

This is our go-to campground since it’s only a few miles from our house. Great park and nice campground with plenty to do. The only downside is that they don’t have any hook ups and it gets pretty hot in the summer months.

Siteseveral
Smol W.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Nice!

So we arrived pretty late. Around 7pm because we had a late start. Unfortunately we didn't stay because our site was hike in and I thought I did drive in. So we ended up getting a hotel instead. The staff were very nice and very knowledgeable. I wish we could have stayed. Next year we will…

Month of VisitOctober
Mark N.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Alot extra time to find your camp

I enjoyed my stay at this beautiful park. Couple of suggestions, when I went they were not renting canoes so doing any pre trip planning wasn't easy. The kayak/canoe round was not easy to navigate so bring your 3rd party map/GPS. The maps they provide are almost useless because it outlines the…

Sitecanoe in site 4

Merchants Millpond State Park is located in North Carolina

Directions

Merchants Millpond is located in northeastern North Carolina in Gates County near the community of Gatesville. The park may be reached from US 158, NC 32 and NC 37. It is approximately 30 miles from the North Carolina cities of Ahoskie, Elizabeth City and Edenton and is also 30 miles from Suffolk, Virginia. From I-95, take US 158 east. Travel north on US 13/US 158 and turn right to follow US 158 east. Turn right on Millpond Road, go approximately 1/2 mile and turn in at the picnic area entrance. The Visitors Center will be on the right.

Address

71 US Hwy 158E

Coordinates

76.69409736 W

Open in Google Maps

Nearby Campgrounds

About This Campground

Connection Details

We rate connection speeds from campers like you who submit speed tests with Field Reports.

• Good- 10+Mbps

Campers can make calls and send texts & emails, watch an HD movie, play multiplayer games, and more.

• Fair- 3Mbps-10Mbps

Campers can make calls, send texts & emails, video chat, stream video, and play online games.

• Poor- 0Mbps-3Mbps

Campers might be able check email, send texts, and make calls.

• Available-

Campers have been able to connect here but we don’t know the quality of the connection.

• Unknown-

Connectivity is not known for this campground.