Nature

Add Campground Info

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.
  • Hike-In
    Backcountry sites.
  • Boat-In
    Sites accessible by watercraft.

Stay Connected

• WiFi
  • Verizon
  • AT&T
    Good
  • T-Mobile

Site Types

• 9
J
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Merchant Mill Pond

This is our go-to campground since it’s only a few miles from our house. Great park and nice campground with plenty to do. The only downside is that they don’t have any hook ups and it gets pretty hot in the summer months.

Siteseveral
Smol W.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Nice!

So we arrived pretty late. Around 7pm because we had a late start. Unfortunately we didn't stay because our site was hike in and I thought I did drive in. So we ended up getting a hotel instead. The staff were very nice and very knowledgeable. I wish we could have stayed. Next year we will…

Month of VisitOctober
Mark N.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Alot extra time to find your camp

I enjoyed my stay at this beautiful park. Couple of suggestions, when I went they were not renting canoes so doing any pre trip planning wasn't easy. The kayak/canoe round was not easy to navigate so bring your 3rd party map/GPS. The maps they provide are almost useless because it outlines the…

Sitecanoe in site 4

Merchants Millpond State Park is located in North Carolina

Directions

Merchants Millpond is located in northeastern North Carolina in Gates County near the community of Gatesville. The park may be reached from US 158, NC 32 and NC 37. It is approximately 30 miles from the North Carolina cities of Ahoskie, Elizabeth City and Edenton and is also 30 miles from Suffolk, Virginia. From I-95, take US 158 east. Travel north on US 13/US 158 and turn right to follow US 158 east. Turn right on Millpond Road, go approximately 1/2 mile and turn in at the picnic area entrance. The Visitors Center will be on the right.

Address