Camping in Little Hell

290 Reviews of 49 Little Hell, Virginia Campgrounds

Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great find!

30 minutes from beach and has many camping activities! We enjoyed fishing and kayaking. I think the only complaint is our loop didn’t have a bathroom and was a long walk. We camped in a warm April week and the pollen was ridiculous! Perfect campground when Assateague is full!

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Hot Spring Trip

Very hot for an early spring trip. Not much shade in the sites here. The trail isn’t shaded either. Store & museum still closed, because of covid I guess. Staff very nice. Camp hosts are pretty much nonexistent as compared to other MD State Parks. I think we’re in a swamp. I assume mosquitos…

Site70 Tulip Loop
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great in low season

We were there in early October so it was empty. Great biking!! Mosquitoes still bad when in the refuge. Could see great birds and ponies from our site with binoculars. We loved it.

Month of VisitNovember
K
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great first camp!

Never been camping before- drove in, stayed in Hoffman’s loop. Easy walk to the bathrooms and camp store, 20-ish minute walk to the beach- beach was a huge plus for us. Not too crowded! Bathrooms were also very clean.

• 20 minute walk from campsite
SiteHoffman’s loop 121
Jerry D.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Tall Pines

I work service & Repair on Rv and Campers. So in and outs tall pines is one a few decent locations. Stay on the main road to there do not go off on the side roads. Davis island down the road to the bay is a nice town but no attractions

Sitemaintenance
Christina  E.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lots of fun!

Stayed this past weekend at Cherrystone and had a blast! Pools weren’t open yet but there was so much else to do we didn’t mind. Played around on the paddle boats and mini golf (included in site price), swam in the bay, did tie dye and played candy bar bingo! Bathrooms were very clean and…

Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Nice and close to the beach

Great little trails to the beach. The RV areas had zero privacy. The tent camping area had a lot more privacy but the bathrooms in that area were not as clean.

SiteRV spot and Tent spot
Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Wow!

This place has everything you could ever need. I had tons of fun! If I could give them more stars, I would. The people like to play late into the night on the weekends. This did not bother me.

Jerry D.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Toms Cove Park

Great place to camp for months or just a night. Signs up all over to find it. Close to the Marina, Downtown, The Blvd and the Beach. Staff are helpful but also gives you space to live.

SiteTCP March thru November
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Camping at a nudist campground

We tent camped at Pine Tree Associates. They are a nudist club with a very nice camp ground. There is a bath house with outdoor showers. Camping fees include access to a large outdoor pool, an indoor pool and a hot tub. There is room for tenting and campers.

Sitecamp ground
Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great stay at Belle Isle

First time here for us. Sites and big and for the most part lots of space between. A couple of sites are close and could be buddy sites. Bathroom was clean and typical for a state park. We will be back.

e
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Beach fun

Overall experience was excellent. Only negative was the bathroom was a mess no matter what time of day. I didn’t expect perfection however I did expect better.

SiteD11
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great Location

This is a great campground on the Eastern Shore of VA. As with most VA state parks, it's popular with RV's and campers, but it was great for tent camping as well. There are numerous trails and water/beach access points throughout the park. The sites are spacious, and even though it has a lot of…

SiteF19, F20
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Great beach location & snack bar!

Definitely loved the view of the water at the beach and the drinks at Jackspot. You can order them online and go pick them up - which we loved. Many options including smoothies for kids!

The spots were pretty tight, but we assumed as much. The bathhouse was superb! So clean and bright/airy. The…

• beach