Yurts
About Cherrystone Family Camping Resort
Cherrystone Family Camping Resort is located in Virginia
20 Reviews of Cherrystone Family Camping Resort
The kids will love it

Great camping resort. There is a ton of stuff to here. From miniature golfing to fishing, swimming in one of their 5 pools to paddle boating. A lot to do. It does tend to get crowded. Especially around a holiday. They have a tram that runs constantly that will drop you off at all the hot spots and a bus on site that will take you to the grocery store/ liquor store that is a few miles away for no extra charge. The bus will even take you to Cape Charles and pick you up. It’s good to become friends with the driver. We look forward to going back in October when it’s not as warm for their Halloween events.

Family Fun

Lots to do for kids of all ages yet parents can relax also! Looking forward to going back this summer to see the updates from last summer.

A lot of pros and a few cons

My family of six stayed at Cherrystone this past weekend. It was our first family camping trip so a lot of extra care went into selecting a campground. I read a ton of reviews both on here and other places. They didn’t quite answer all of my questions so here comes the review that I wish I had found.

First, how you will feel about Cherrystone is going to depend on what type of camp experience you are looking for. My wife and I prefer quiet places with a lot of relaxation. My kids (ages 4 to 11) prefer lots of activities. My kids got more of what they wanted than my wife and I did. The activities and amenities were absolutely fantastic for my kids. They loved the pools, mini gold, jumping pillows, paddle boats and every other activity that they did. The campground has a safe feeling to it so we didn’t worry about giving the older ones more freedom to explore. They made friends and did whatever they wanted. They loved it. My wife and I had a good time as well but Cherrystone is a little noisier than would be ideal for us. Quiet hours don’t start until 11pm and quiet time isn’t really enforced by the employees. It wasn’t terrible but we would have preferred a little less noise. Some parts of the campground were louder than others. We were on a no hook-up tent site that seemed to be in the quieter part of the campground. Some of the RV sections had a lot of music playing and more of a party vibe.

The employees that we met were all very friendly and helpful. The bathhouses were well kept. This was a big concern for my wife and she was happy. if you knew my wife you would understand how huge that it. The tent sites were of a decent size. We had tow large tents, an EZ Up and the picnic table and didn’t feel cramped. You will be very close to your neighbors so don’t expect any seclusion. The prices in the camp store, snack shack and cafe were mostly fair and the quality of the food items was good. Pretty much every review mentions the sunsets and they are amazing. The natural beauty of Cherrystone is amazing.

Cherrystone offers a lot of value and if you are ok with a little noise and close neighbors you will not be disappointed. If you want more privacy you may want to look elsewhere. I’m pretty sure we will be back someday.

Lots to do!!

Great place!!! Spent a long weekend and enjoyed it!! The close proximity to Cape Charles made this place stand out for me!! But rest assured that if you don’t want to leave the campground there is no need too!!

Wholesome.!

I grew up going here, I am 30 now and can not wait to go again! The cherry stone clam bakes are awesome also! I have been at all diff seasons!

Friendly, helpful and beautiful.

We are enjoying our winterize trip now and have made reservations for 4 weeks next year already. April clam roast will kick off the 2019 season. Might be before that if I get to antsy with cabin fever.

Beautiful, friendly, laid back, SUNSETS!

Gorgeous waterfront sites on the Chesapeake Bay. Amenities include multiple pools, large fishing docks, beach area, large well-stocked campstore, restaurant, fresh produce stand, activities, great for kids and adults. Full hookups, plenty of firewood on site at a good price.

Whole family fun

It's nearby for Tidewater Virginia campers. Great swimming, fishing, boating and playground opportunities

Great Escape!!

This campground is close to Virginia Beach and is super accessible . My kids loved the paddleboats as well as the waterpark. There is a general store and a little arcade . You can swim in the pool or rent a boat and go for a ride out in the Chesapeake Bay .

Great Spot For A Day Or A Week

This is a great campground that my family loves to visit. It is close to Virginia Beach so there is no excuse not to get away. You can rent a boat or swim in the pool and even enjoy the paddleboats. there is a waterpark and a little country store. I have had friends that rent their cabins or bring an RV, as well as pitch a tent. Lets goncamping!