Equestrian
Hike In
Belle Isle State Park is located in Virginia
4 Reviews of Belle Isle State Park
Adorable

I used to live by this park and I visited it all the time with my cousins as kids! There are a couple playgrounds, swing sets, and tons of open areas for children to enjoy. The trails are nice and fairly well kept. The little sandy beach is by far my favorite part of the park though! The water is shallow and warm in the summer. In fact, the water is so shallow that you can wade almost 400 meters out or more! There are often crabs, small fish, and sometimes jellyfish floating about. There is always cool driftwood and shells to collect along the sand. Belle Isle is a great place to visit for day trips or over night camping! I’d definitely recommend it to anyone in the area that wants to get a small taste of the Chesapeake Bay and it’s wildlife and plants.

Best state park to camp

The rangers are amazing and it is very family friendly. Love going here very good prices and a nice little quiet beach to enjoy.

Belle Isle

No great photos to represent how pretty this State Park is. I used to camp here often with my family between 2010-2012. The campsites are nice and remote. The facilities, roads, and shelters are well maintained. There is an awesome little store to buy supplies, bait, and rent kayaks. Belle Isle also has a cute little beach touching the Chesapeake. You can walk pretty far out and enjoy the warm water!

Amazing Site but SUPER MUTANT BUGS GALORE

Hello,

Wow is all I have to say about this camping trip. It was partially our own fault because we had to rush in and didn’t research local bug populations. But holy crap! We kayaked in a sunset which was gorgeous and their were six tent sites. 4 of which were close together and two new ones which were really nice. No one was there but us. You can boat or hike in. We did primitive tent camping and it was so beautiful with our own lake view and private site for the time being but the BUGS were from another planet. We had super mutant mosquitoes and horse flies. They were resisitant to citronella candles, essential oils, and bug spray with 40% deet. We only found relief in the water. They invaded our tent as well and spent an hour in the evenings killing them before bed but still woke up with welts. If we come back it will be in winter when there are NO BUGS!!!!!! (Hopefully)