Camping in Shamrock Manor

223 Reviews of 103 Shamrock Manor, Texas Campgrounds

Lea B.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Summer Struggles

Overnight stay. Heavily wooded area. Lots of wildlife (deer hanging out in neighboring campsite). Grass was overgrown on site. Firewood we bought wouldn’t burn. Very buggy (swarming at your face). Had to drive to the shower house. There seemed to be a lot to see at this park and I’m sure it is…

Lea B.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Be Ready for the Bugs

Pros: Loved camping on the beach. No problem on the sand. No problem finding a space even on a busy Sunday afternoon. Water was great!

Cons: No trash cans in site. The bugs were immune to EVERY form of insect repellent we threw at them.

That being said. We’d go back.

Siten/a
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Great State Park

Lots to do, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing. Great campground.

Charles M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

It’s the Beach, Y’all!

We came down to see the beaches of Galveston and we were not disappointed! There is so much to do here that the state park makes a lot of sense.

We came down in June so it was HOT. If you want to camp in this park make sure you are going to RV it.

Also, the beaches are awesome, the wildlife is…

Mike H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Beautiful RV resort

Spotlessly clean resort. Shady as well as covered sites. Easy on an off I10. Reasonable rates. Great for overnight stay or as a base for exploring Houston. Would definitely stay here again!

SiteA-2
Al09 S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Very nice rv resort

A bit on the pricier side, but it is very well managed and well kept. Pool is clean, bathrooms are clean, laundry room clean and looked like all the machines worked. Level concrete pads. Overall we were pleased with our time here.

Extended Stay Only

I wanted to make a two day reservation for a business trip. The park has good reviews so I thought I would stay as it is close to my event.

The online system would not work so I called and found they are for long term only.

I am disappointed and did not see long term only on the website when I…

Sitenone

Nice Resort

Spent two nights here on a business trip. The resort was clean and quite, had problems with the access gate code but that was it. Nice staff and fellow campers.

Did not use any of the facilities to comment on.

Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User

Great Beach Park

Our permanent residence is here on Galveston Island and this is the park we use to camp at the beach. It was our very first park to “break in” our camper. We have returned several times.

A great small park as close to the water as you can get. Well kept with the usual amenities and friendly…

SiteBeach Side
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great Park on Oaffats Bayou

Friendly staff, paved roads and pads. Pull through sites are narrow. No cable, moderate speed WiFi. Fishing in bayou is fun. Bike riding around Galveston was easy.

SiteD13
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

A good park near TMC

I stayed here for several months. Once your inside the gates, the park was clean and staff was friendly. I had no problems at the park. Close to the Texas Medical Center. The area around the park is a bit rough.

The Best Family RV Resort

This place is so much fun! They have everything you could want to do right there on the camp grounds. My family and I enjoyed our stay here and made lots of new memories in our new travel trailer.

The Best Family RV Resort

Family Oriented

My family really enjoyed our stay here. The sites are clean and easy to pull through. The kids loved the park and splash pad.

Month of VisitApril