Camping in Hamilton Subdivision

384 Reviews of 45 Hamilton Subdivision, Tennessee Campgrounds

Cindy B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Lots of Amenities and Close to the Smoky Mountains National Park

We loved this campground! Very nice and spacious sites. The campground was developed along the Little River and is absolutely gorgeous! The bathhouses are the nicest I have ever seen. The sites were level and had full hook-ups. They are renovating the pool and it looks like it will be amazing. It…

• Spruce Flat Falls
  • Camp Site
  • Little River - taken at the campground
Alexandra T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

A little hard to find.

The coordinates on here will lead you to the middle of the road, however, if you keep driving, right before you hit the state park, you will see a campground to your left that is free free free. It overlooks some hills and is relatively level. Decent cell coverage if you need to work. Overall,…

L
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great access to GSMNP

Nice park with amenities close to the NP. Grounds were well kept, staff was super friendly, good laundry room. Pool and plenty of room to walk dogs.

A good (and affordable) park near the Smokies, spaces are big rig friendly.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great place right on the river but no Verizon coverage

Great place. Beautiful views on the river. Very clean. Large sites with really nice patios. Only problem is no and I mean zero Verizon cell coverage. Internet it’s OK to stream movies but I had to go to their coffee house for reliable WiFi when I was working.

• great location!!
SiteB28
L
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Great location for stargazing

Nice, simple, quiet place. Many things to do from there- Nemo tunnel, Catoosa WMA, several hikes.

This is a dark sky park, a neat thing to experience.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Crowded but Beautiful

While our site was not private, we felt like there was plenty of space. We were close to the creek and restrooms. We really enjoyed driving Cades Cove Loop, but plan on several hours to complete it. The hikes in the area are beautiful.

SiteB75
Dan D.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Great state park

Quiet campground, clean sites, and beautiful lake views. Well worth the drive up into the plateau! Would stay here again.

Sitearea 1 site 1
T

Awesome place

Love the staff there. They were extremely nice and kind. The kids loved it. Especially the polls. Bathrooms where clean. A little aged but not disgusting at all. For a mans standard it’s a 9/10 for my wife she said a high 7/10 for cleanliness. Had a power and water issue and the staff was quick to…

Adam M.

Cades Cove!

10 🌟!!!!!!!!

Cades Cove was amazing.  Our only regret was we were only able to stay one night. The 11 mile loop was a great little drive.
  We found it to be a very clean campground with close access to all the trails. Waterfalls you can play in, and every amenity I could imagine.

M

A great place to camp!

The lake was mostly clean, the trails were easy to navigate, honestly the whole grounds were. The drive up was beautiful and long and easy to make our way around. Be very mindful of what snakes are in the area, they are everywhere but all the ones we came across were harmlesssss. You do have to…

• one of the overlooks on the drive up Oswald rd
  • the bridge on the trail around the lake
  • beautiful view on another overlook on the drive up Oswald Rd
Siteloop F, lot 60
Mrs B.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Had high hopes

I had super high expectations for this campground based on other reviews.  I was disappointed.

I will preface this by saying, I go camping to be in nature and listen to nature, relax, read a book.  If you like to go camp and sit in your RV at all times, this place would be great.

We stayed on…

SiteA30
tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Absolutely Stunning !

Completely free primitive camping. Me and my boyfriend had a difficult time finding the place at first. The coordinates took us to a Bible school. To get to the right place, start on Demory Road take a right onto Jim Lee Road then take the second left to get back into the public land area, follow…

Sitewest side
Darrell H.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great place to camp

We have stayed at Cumberland Mountain many times and have had an excellent stay each time. Great people and very helpful. Several of the bath houses are older but very clean. Cabins are excellent!

Siteloop 4 site 114
Sarah N.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

perfect primitive waterfront campsite

What a gem! I was searching for a primitive spot to camp on for two nights with my dog where I could relax by the water and this checked all the boxes. I stayed here 6/4-6/6/2021.

The exact GPS coordinates for my spot were 36.2916742,-84.0133668. I arrived around 5pm on 6/4.

There were…

• looking south
  • sunset in the west
  • looking south
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Roosters crowing at 5 AM

The scenery is nice, but get ready to be woken up by the campgrounds roosters at 5 AM every day. Won’t be back.