Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Sourwood Campground is located in Tennessee
3 Reviews of Sourwood Campground
Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Gorgeous spot for primative camping

The closeness to the river is the main attraction here. It’s ever-present sounds make it easy to forget everything.

Good free camping

Find a spot early. Bathrooms are relatively clean nice fishing close by. Twra fish hatchery just a short drive away. Lots to do for hiking fishing and just exploring the outdoors.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift