The best DRIVE IN camping near
Etowah , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Etowah Camping Reviews
Really beautiful

This place has a lot to offer: hiking, waterfalls, put put, playgrounds, lake views and paddle boats, standard hook up sites, etc. Its high in the mountains and its got great views. Two small issues took a star off, the campsites are pretty close together and they aren't maintaining some areas. Took a pretty nasty fall on the put put golf course because it was muddy and slick. I will definitely be back though and really enjoyed our stay. Missed the snow by a day though!

Decent little place to stop

Came through traveling from FL to OH for just one night. Easy checkin, helpful staff. Site fit our 44ft 5th wheel just fine. Pretty clean, easy to get to, easy to navigate, and close to gas, stores etc. Only thing I'd suggest is requesting a site not under water. Many had standing water. Ours was ok though.

Backcountry style primitive campibg

A beautiful spot to camp next to the river and swinging bridge. Not a fat walking distance from the parking spot but, feels remote enough. It’s best to hike to it though for the reward aspect. It is a primitive spot, with nothing, so respect the natural area and expect it to be just that. A stream side, serene camping area.

Awesome view

Site 69 , love the view love the place very quiet and very clean showers are clean site it self it’s clean friendly host and the security guy very friendly as well , my wife approves it lol and we are definitely coming back

Beautiful camp

Conasauga Lake campground is heaven on earth for this country boy. On top of Grassy mountain in North Georgia it is a great small camper / tent camp. Lots of large hemlocks and rotadendren on the trail aroundthe lake. The gravel road up the mountain is not for the faint of heart but worth the effort.

No space even in November.

Full of permanent residents.

Heart of the Smoky’s

Pros:

• beautiful and scenic
  • Near great trails
  • lots of wildlife - saw a bear!
  • clean and quiet campground
  • camp store nearby
  • easy enough to get to with an RV
  • reserved same day

Cons:

• campsites are kind of close to each other
  • no dogs allowed on trails (I know that’s pretty common for national parks, but it’s still something we look for)
Great location !

HOT nice shower, close to town and the Dragon! Cabins have heat and air and some have bathrooms. Glad I brought my own grate for campfire cooking. Did not take a lot of pictures.

BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.

Overall quiet and fairly priced but some long termers bring down the qualit

So this campground is in a decent location not far from town (Knoxville) and right off lake inlet and A26 is right off lake. Only regarding my location its been quiet and people keep to themselves other than being neighborly. May get a bit more noisy on weekend as people roll in with kids and pets. Laundry is adequate and fairly priced and bonus takes credit cards for payment (no looking for change). Its a bit run down but for 38/night for full hookup and weekly rate knocks off a night its not bad. There are some long termers here that bring the aesthetic down with very old campers and trash and older equipment and cars around but around my area its clean, so I only see it on my way out the loop. The advertised wifi doesn't reach the campsites though so don't depend on it and when I connected at laundry to test it was like a 1/1Mbps speed. Cell Data signal isn't great here either. I have a dual LTE router that I was only getting ATT 3G signal with normal antennas but once I connected the exterior antenna I had been waiting to install I got 4 bars ATT LTE (105 dbM) so I can pull a ratty 30Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I also have a Visible sim but its kinda limits at 5Mbps on good signal but it has 5 bars Version LTE, so actual verizion customers may get better signal.