Little River , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Little River Camping Reviews
Tons to do...perfect large beaches

Two beach entrances, huge grounds,surf fishing , bike paths,eating area and great wildlife trails for photos.

Camped here many times

Always brings back memories.

TIGHT

Wow! Road to campground is horrible! Very narrow, trees hanging over it, dirt, but huge holes! Obviously needs to be graded. We booked a pull thru per map, but was not. Had to change to site 29. Loose dirt but fairly level. Very quiet and Lake Horton near us. Hosts very friendly. We were in a 38 foot coach.

Another Amazing Weekend

Just got back from another long weekend camping at Huntington Beach State Park in Murrel’s Inlet, SC. This is one of our favorite campgrounds. We were in Site 40 this weekend. 30 amp electric and water, no sewer. Sites are level, clean, spaced out and a short walk to the beach. Close to Myrtle Beach attractions if you interested, but quiet and relaxing. Many nature trails and tons of beach for walking.

Great place, mosquitos are brutal

We camped here Wed through Sat for my son's fall break. We arrived on Wed afternoon around 4pm. I was wearing leggings and the mosquitos literally landed on my leggings and bit me through them. I didn't even know that could happen. I should have left the campsite then and gone to Walmart, 17 min away, and bought enough bug spray and candles for the weekend but we set up the campsite instead. We just got back so camped the first week in October, site 17. For the four days, I had two citronella candles, one on the picnic table and one near our camping chairs, a thermocell fogger in the tent (ran for about an hour before we went in to go to sleep)  and then two bottles of 40% deet spray…one for our car when we came back to the campsite and one on the picnic table. We brought our kayaks and launched from both the Carolina Beach State Park marina and also Trails End public access (intercoastal waterway). Both were great with plenty of parking while we were there. There are VERY large yachts in the trails end area which are cool to see, just be careful when paddling that area. We fished at both places and also at Carolina beach from the surf. I caught a HUGE drum there. Lots of dogs off of leashes (rules change Oct 1st) so that was cool to see. We mostly cooked at the campsite but ate dinner at Sea Witch Cafe one night. The place is dog friendly, which we needed, and the food was reasonably priced and so good. The park rangers lock the gates at 9pm and they don't open until 7am so you have to plan accordingly. This wasn't an issue for us, we just watched the clock and made sure we were back. Beach is about 6 min away, Walmart is about 17 min or so, several grocery stores nearby (Food Lion, Publix). Overall, it was a great trip, I just wasn't prepared initially for the mosquitos. I got 90 bites that first day. I even had to constantly spray down my dog to keep the mosquitos off of her. It was a bit much. Definitely put all of your food in your car or at a minimum in your tent. Raccoons come nightly. :) We lost a quesadilla, some dog food, etc.

Old castle on site

Great place to stay. Lots to do just at the park or right across the street at Brookgreen gardens. Love staying here when we want to camp close to home but need a peaceful place to enjoy. You can walk down the beach and fish off the jetties gives you a great place to watch the sunset over the ocean.

OMG

The Best yet. We have been from the East Coast to the West Coast, and have to say none can compare. Love it

Our most favorite beach camping

This park is the best. Great campground, easy beach access, wonderful area, great for photography, wonderful staff. We camp here as often as possible. Fills fast, so make reservations well in advance. And a castle!

4x4 Camping Heaven

Freeman Park is a beach area located in Carolina Beach. It's the place to take your 4x4 vehicle, your friends, kids, and dogs, and have some fun in the sand, wind, and waves.

First and foremost, make sure you know how to drive in the sand and what to do when your car gets stuck. It happened to us, as well as to many vehicles on the beach.

Also, be aware of the tides, it's dangerous to be driving near the water when the high tide comes in.

The camping is allowed on the beach Labor Day through memorial Day, but might require a permit, check the rules before you go. In the past, the permit was required only after April 1, so we always tried to come in February or March, when the weather is nice but not too hot.

The camping is allowed in the designated spaces. There's enough room for one tent. Remember, when camping on sand, you don't need stakes. Instead you bring 4 plastic bags, fill them with sand, tie the tent corners to the bags and bury them in the sand. This will prevent your tent from flying away,

There are several pit toilets on the beach, some trash cans are provided too. There's a store next to the fishing pier a short distance from the beach where we usually go to brush our teeth in the morning.

I love Freeman park and give it 4 stars only because it's a primitive camping spot and people should be aware what to expect. It doesn't have fancy amenities, but the proximity to the ocean is priceless.

Our favorite dining spot: The Shuckin' Shack Oyster Bar in Carolina Beach.

CAROLINA PINES RESORT RV PARK

Eeasy to get to…lots of things to do…great tiny houses to stay in…wonderful dog park with a dog wash…great pools…great water park and golf…OUTSIDE eating excellent….bathrooms well maintained….surroundings and sites well thought out… helpful people   like Tommy…worth the price