The best WALK IN camping near
Trainer , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Trainer Camping Reviews
Another excellent State Park

I can't say enough good things about PA's DCNR. This cabin was just as excellent as our stay the night before at Hill's Creek State Park. The only thing I wish the DCNR would do is expand the dog friendly cabins. While we managed to get one of the dog friendly ones here, they are limited in number and Hill's Creek had no such cabins.

Rustic

Nice in the fall

Quite site with pretty foliage.

Nice state park

Clean bathrooms and nice grounds

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Just a awesome place

We loved this campground. Friendly staff. Plenty for the kids to do. The river is right there to go tubing or kayaking. Playground is cool. They allow golfcarts which is a plus in my book.

We call this place home base

Love this place. It a mom and pops kinda campground. Nice pool, good fishing, staff is great.

Great place

Staff was great. Plenty of things to do for the kids. We love the lake side campsites.

Want to camp in an amusement park?

This place has staff that doesn’t seem interested in renting spaces or assisting customers. Much has closed because of COVID-19, and apparently this camp ground is subsidized. It is chocked full of gnomes and other overly cute plywood cutouts. Surprised they don’t just go ahead and add a tilt-a-whirl!