Warr Acres , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Warr Acres Camping Reviews
Quiet, quiet!!

6 miles South of I-40 and just at the edge of Hinton, OK is a small canyon with red and ochre colored walls. Stayed here on a week day so just a few campers here. Well spaced parking pads, 30 amp, water, cooking grill, large fire ring and picnic table for $30. Shower and restroom building adequately clean, but could use a new coat of white paint. Staff were very helpful on phone and in person. It appears to be a well run place. Worth the 6 mile drive from i-40 and a respite from wall to wall sites at some RV parks.

Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Oasis!

We were shocked by how beautiful this campsite was. It is a hidden valley oasis with grassy campsites and nestled in between trees and surrounded by red rock walls! Campsite owner was super nice and helpful. 15 bucks for a tent site and you get to pick it first come first serve. Super close/easy access to the I-40!

Hiking, Fishing, Fun

This is literally the first place we’ve ever been in our pop up so we don’t have anything to compare it to. We were happy with our experience at Red Rock Canyon. We loved the setting with the red canyon walls. Our two kids enjoyed the fishing in the pond (just blue gill but the fishing was fun). We did a little hiking and didn’t even scratch the surface of all the hiking available, lots of rappelling going on and it appeared the local fire department was even out practicing. In the evening they were setting up a large projector screen by the camp shop and looked to be doing a move night possibly. RV sites had a little space to them and included a fire pit, picnic table, and charcoal grill. Electric and water worked just fine. Only part that was less than great was the bathrooms, but they worked just fine.

Good, Fair Price

Definitely not for fun, just for work. But showers and laundry always very clean Rent includes electric, sewers, water and trash. 450 per month very good price. Owners are very nice people, very kind and respectful. Definitely coming back if we work in Okarche again.

Cleanest spot in Oklahoma!

This is the perfect spot for beginner campers and kids. A few of my favorite things are the staff, the unground pool, clean campsites with fire rings, and nearby water sources, on site playgrounds and hiking trails.

First Time RVer

Loved it. We went during the weekday at the Walnut Grove section and there were only 4 other RVs there. The hiking trails were awesome and well maintained with multiple photo opportunities of beautiful scenery. Excellent service from the management who were friendly and took care of our one problem with low water pressure within minutes.  The grounds manicured and area was clean. Clear skies, birds chirping in the morning, and the sound of crickets at night as we sat around the campfire made our first use of an RV awesome

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.

Very scenic, great staff.

The staff that I spoke to was very helpful, and so friendly. She explained everything in the park, beautiful areas, and which sites had FHU. Very clean park, with great trails. Very reasonable pricing as well. Id go again if I had to stop on I40 in OK.