Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Bell Cow Lake Campground C is located in Oklahoma
5 Reviews of Bell Cow Lake Campground C
Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Perfect little place

My family and I desperately wanted to go last minute camping. My husband and I being from Wellston, we had been to bell cow but we had never camped there. With 5 adults and 1 infant we camped at area A. My husband did not catch anything when fishing, but he had fun. The lake is filled with red clay. My mom and I harvested some and made little figures and baked them in the sun. We had so much fun. I do have one complaint, our campsite had trash there when we got there. No big deal we cleaned it, but because of the food on the ground from the previous campers, our camp site was filled with flys. I will always have flys while camping but I had never seen something like this. For anyone planning to camp, make sure u bring slip on shoes. U can go barefoot, we did. But the sand which is great at first… left our feet raw.

Nice hidden gem

Had friends come to town with an RV and we decided to do a last minute camp out.

After finding out all of the RV and tent camping areas around OKC were at capacity we gave Bell Cow Lake a shot and we were not disappointed. We stayed in Camp Area B, Friday night there were a handful of RV spots still available and we were the only tent campers. Saturday a few more tent campers arrived but there was still open sites between us.

Our friends in the RV stayed in RV site 1 and we stayed directly across from them in tent site 3. There was some small trash, cigarette butts and such around the site, cans in the fire ring adjacent to us (site 2) but over all it was a nice spot with ample room to put tents.

The tent area is on the water with water access through the grass along the shoreline. Swimming was great with a sand bottom once you got past the grass along the shoreline. There were tons of fish hitting the surface in the evening but I was unable to catch any. Each tent site had a table but it either had a fire ring or a grille (alternating) it would have been preferable if each site had both.

The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but were what I would probably expect for a camp ground owned by a smaller city.

Bell Cow lake may become one of our go to places as it is still within an easy drive from OKC and half the price of the next closest lake to camp at (Lake Arcadia).

Tent camping is $10 a night, RV is $20.

One of the only things we did not like was with the campsite being 2 miles from I-44 you could hear the highway traffic all night and there was not fire wood available to gather or purchase (perhaps in town) so though it is generally frowned upon to bring your own you won't have a fire otherwise.

nice and quiet

This is a very clean camping area, one of the number one spots locals go to swim. the bathrooms could use and updating but for the price this place was great the camping areas were very well shaded it came with electric, water and a fire ring.

Bell Cow Area B

Bell Cow Lake near Chandler. Water hook up and 30 amp. We stayed in "Area B," Campsite #4. Several shady spots. Easy water access.

This area is quieter and less popular than area "C", but it is a little bit more rustic.

The dump location is near the restrooms by the boat dock. It's a little hidden.

There is an older bathroom facility in the center of the RV camping area.

There is a picnic table and a grill at each site.

It's $15 a night for RV, $3 a day for fishing. Permit allows you access to both Bell Cow and Chandler Lake. I think the area is rather heavily fished. Restrictions on size of fish (and number) you can keep. We gave it a good try, (fishing tube, kayak and bank fishing) but we didn't catch anything.

Lake is full of stumps and trees which keeps the boats at a slower speed.

Frequent Chandler police patrols, which we really appreciated.

Area "B" also has several equine trails.

Area "C" is more popular, looks to have better facilities. It also has a fixed corral, and a nicer beach, but it more crowded. Seemed to have less shade.

Here is the TravelOK link.

Here is the Chandler City Lake Info.

Here is the wikipedia entry.

Recommended: Area B. We will be back