The best WALK IN camping near
Cleveland , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Cleveland Camping Reviews
Beautiful area

This place was further off the beaten path than expected and was a beautiful location. I camped in late November so water was shut off but electric worked well. Bathrooms were pretty gross and the facilities in general just felt fairly decrepit. All that said, I'm a sucker for waterfront camping and would definitely check it out again with a full fresh tank.

Part of the Campground is Closed for the Winter

The northern most part of the campground is closed for the winter months but the southern end close to the boat ramp is open with just a few sites.  There is a park host onsite.  I rode through and did not see a bathhouse or bathroom.  The  camp is a bit further south than is depicted on the maps.  It is south of the dam and well marked.

Good spot

Pretty empty for a Friday but it’s late in the season. This location allows you to pull straight into the tent spots. Not like others where you park and pack in so great for car camping. Online reservations are easy. No one around to check in when I arrived and no camp host present but no big deal. Water is turned off for tent spots 1-4.

All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budget this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

There’s a lot to do here

Grew up in the area and spent a lot of time here. You can rent all kinds of water crafts even kayaks. There’s a island in the middle called goat island that is fun to check out. It’s a great little lake for fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking and swimming. The Rv sites are close together but the whole area is wooded which makes for some great shade. There are also cabins you can rent and some rental packages available that I screenshot for anyone that wants to go! I love kayaking around here.

Great for fishing

This side of the dam isn’t known much for camping, people tend to camp on the other side where you can hike and boat. This side of the dam is for fishing. Spent many many MANY nights going night fishing with my family growing up and it was always so much fun! The camping sites…… they are very close together unless you get the very last one. It’s near a wooded area. The first 2 are out in the open, by the roads, do a cartwheel and you are in the next camping spot… You can put a boat in the river on this side or kayak up and down.

Not a big place to camp

Lake Sahoma has very few spots to camp and they are right off the main road so cars drive by often. If you love fishing, this is the lake for you. This lake is strictly for fishing. I guess you could kayak but there’s lots of trees in the water so you’d have to watch out for those. There a a few docks for fishing but you have to have a trout license. There is a area just up the road you can fish with a regular fishing license and be fine. They do drive by and check to see if you have a fishing license. I prefer places I can hike and play in the water so this isn’t really a lake for me.

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!