The best BOAT IN camping near
Afton , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Afton Camping Reviews
Nice Getaway!

This campground is only 20 minutes from our home and we go here as a short getaway. We’ve been 3 times over the summer because it’s so close. There are sites on top of ridge overlooking Oolagah Lake. Site 10 is an accessible site. When you back in you have a nice view of lake from front window and living area of RV.

Sites 12, 14 & 15 are on ridge with views of lake and 17 is at bottom of hill with view of lake.

Park has a play area, trail, soccer field, boat ramp and short walk to beach area. We stayed in site 3 which is a spacious site and short walk to beach.

Mid October Oolagah Lake is in the path of Pelicans migrating south. When you camp mid to end of October the lake with be covered with a white layer of pelicans.

If you have accessible All Access Pass from National Park service you get a discount. We usually get 1/2 off. There are water spickets but not at individual sites. There is a dump station. 30 amps.

Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Great rocky beach!

Great campsite! We enjoyed the view of the lake and plenty of space at our site! The park is nice and spread out and the sites are kept clean and well managed! Loved the rocky beach and how wooded all the sites were!

No firewood available to buy on site. They ran Out of toilet paper, but otherwise everything was great!

Summer after summer

My family has had a membership here for 20+ years. We come here and stay every summer! They have good size places you can stay as a family, as well as lots of RV spots. We absolutely love the mini golf course and game facility, as well as the Eagles Nest! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck watching the sun set after a long day on the lake. The bathroom & shower facilities are always clean, with excellent water pressure, and hot water.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

You can’t camp here anymore

Unless they have redone it in the last few years, there is nowhere to camp or it’s extremely primitive. There’s no bathrooms, no picnic tables, no tent pad sites, no lighting, no nothing. It is a good place to spend the day to fish and have a picnic but it isn’t what it used to be way back in the day when I was a kid.

There’s a lot to do here

Grew up in the area and spent a lot of time here. You can rent all kinds of water crafts even kayaks. There’s a island in the middle called goat island that is fun to check out. It’s a great little lake for fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking and swimming. The Rv sites are close together but the whole area is wooded which makes for some great shade. There are also cabins you can rent and some rental packages available that I screenshot for anyone that wants to go! I love kayaking around here.

Great for fishing

This side of the dam isn’t known much for camping, people tend to camp on the other side where you can hike and boat. This side of the dam is for fishing. Spent many many MANY nights going night fishing with my family growing up and it was always so much fun! The camping sites…… they are very close together unless you get the very last one. It’s near a wooded area. The first 2 are out in the open, by the roads, do a cartwheel and you are in the next camping spot… You can put a boat in the river on this side or kayak up and down.

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!