The best WALK IN camping near
West Jefferson , OHIO

Most Recent West Jefferson Camping Reviews
Nice location

Beautiful hiking, great views of the lake. Nice place to put a boat/kayak in the water. Downside, very few sites have water/sewer hookup. They do have locations to get potable water and a dump station on the way out of the park, we were just hoping to have a water hookup on site.

Best campground we’ve been to all year

This summer my family has went to many campgrounds and by far Delaware has been our favorite. The site we were on was set back in the woods. My daughter had tons of fun exploring the woods connected to our site. We did not swim due to it being in the 60s and rainy during most of our stay but we did go look at the beach it was very clean and appears well cared for. The bathroom on our loop was older def in need of some updating but it wasn’t a big deal.

Small, but perfect site for us

This was a last minute reservation and only available due to a cancellation. The campground was full for the weekend. The campground is pretty big with different types of sites. Some are smaller, close to neighbors while other have seclusion with trees. From past experience, if it rains, some of the sites do flood. We had great weather this weekend. The site we reserved had a hill right next to the passenger side/door side of your camper. If you had a big camper, it might be tight to open your slides and an awning. You most likely would not sit right outside your camper door. In fact, the fire ring is behind the site and up a small hill. We set up our ez-up in the back and out of the way, it worked for us. There was also a path that led you into the playground. Speaking of playgrounds, you will hear a lot of kids if the weather is nice. We were right across from the camp host (very nice lady) and very short walk to the bathhouse. The bathhouse had 4 flushable toilets and I think 3 showers. The showers did not have benches in the stall, only on the outside directly across. With a full campground, the bathrooms were kept very clean with the amount of people using it. We walked around and noticed a lot of bathhouses and another playground. We took a hike that led us to the lodge - it was an in and out and just under 5 miles. On our way back we stopped at the camp store which was well stocked with items you may need or not. There is a putt putt course, frisbee disc course, horse trails, dog park, nature center, golf course and more trails nearby. There are plenty of things to do if you like to keep busy or are trying to keep kids entertained. (The bees and stinkbugs were out and about while we were there.)

Nice Campground with mix of tent and rv sites

Deer Creek State Park Campground is aptly named. There are deer all over and you can see them from many campsites…though we haven’t seen any deer tick yet. There are many heavily shaded sites and another side is fairly open. Many sites off the main road have hills you need to go down to set up a tent. Comfort Stations (read flush toilets) are usually close by and several Shower Houses are scattered throughout the grounds. Shower houses are in great shape and have plenty of hot water but only 3 showers per house and are fairly small. Campsites are mixed in sizes. Some are great for a small group (3-4) to camp together and have a common area while others are pretty spacious. We are in 109 and have plenty of privacy and overlook a small fishing pond. Nothing close by so pick up any gas, groceries or snacks you want before you get here. Nice place and we’ll definitely come back.

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

Good not great

Decent spot , some trials but nothing spectacular…

Family fun

Nice spot to take children

Nice and quiet

Nice location , quiet spots

Great hiking

Wonderful trail hikes with awesome views