Yurts
$28.00 - $29.00
Deer Creek State Park is located in Ohio
12 Reviews of Deer Creek State Park
Popular

Nice place but always packed in the weekends. This is a great place to visit if you don't mind a packed campground at top dollar. Very expensive compared to other places.

Love it!! We were by the “secret” fishing spot

We had a lot of fun. Spot was big. Shared open space but that family stayed on their side and we stayed on ours. We had woods behind us and raccoons and even a deer came to visit us. My husband and I stayed up till 4 am just enjoying the wildlife. The deer was in the grassy area beside us and the raccoons were in the woods behind us. Brave little suckers came up and stiles my marshmallows right in front of me. They did not try to attack us or anything just wanted our snacks. Lol. Oh and the best thing is there’s a spot to the lake just one space down to go fishing! We’ve been there twice and only had one hit but it’s peaceful. Lot 162. Also if you scope out the area there’s several public fishing spots between the campground and the beach. Look for them during the day!

Last minute site

We made a last minute decision to camp for one night so most sites were taken. By the photo on the website Site 25 looked good. The site had partial shade, was next to a campground host and bathroom/shower house. The site itself was nice if it hadn’t rained a few days earlier. It was a mud pit. We pulled the picnic table out of the mud, it hadn’t been mowed and we couldn’t use the fire pit. But…other sites that weren’t flooded or muddy looked great. We would go back for sure. You can’t control Mother Nature.

Simply stunning and amazing

What an outdoor lovers dream! Boating to fishing to disc golf you will not get bored! Enjoy a few hours or the day hiking one of eight trails or all of them. If you have horses take them out on the two loops especially for them. Lodge, campground, cabins so many options. The campground was clean, quiet and serene. Only electric at the sites, but 2 of your favorite fur babies are welcome.

Decent camping

The prime sites (lake view or secluded) are booked out way in advance. It is possible to bike to the park amenities (pool, lodge, beach) but it’s a haul. Nice golf course!

"Secret" Fishing Spot

Between lot I believe 166 & 167 is a trail to go down to a small spot. Probably enough room for 2 small families or 1 large family to fish. It was perfect for my husband and 2 kids between 9pm to 1am to fish because no one else was there. They only caught a fish or two but they liked the experience and time together. It is a little of a trek down a small hill and we were careful but got my mother in law whose 70 to the water as long as we hung onto her arm. It is pitch black so bring headlamps or/and lanterns oh and mosquito spray! We liked it so much that we are going again and getting a site close to the fishing spot so it’s just a short walk to it!

Beautiful huge campsite but no shade

I loved our camp site we had it for one year loved it! Huge lot, private and shade. It was simply the perfect lot because sometimes we had two tents and or like to play corn hole and other games and need space. But we went back in June and July 2018 and we about died! It was so hot and miserable because they cut down two of the trees that gave us shade. Now it the perfect spot with nooo shade. We tried buying the canopies to give us artificial shade but it didn’t help. It was truly awful during the day. The kids went to the beach but my husband, mother in law (70) and I stayed at the site. Although it got so bad we either went to a store or sat in the truck with the A/C. Now when the sun started setting it was again perfect. We had a fire, played outdoor games and it is private enough you don’t have to worry about your neighbor listening to your conversation. The bathroom is right behind the site but far enough that there is no smell or foot traffic from people. We had 2 active dogs and it is perfect for them. Although I will not go back in the dead of the heat again. It would be a perfect spot for cooler months. We stayed in lot 140. Oh btw there is a “secret” fish spot by site 166 with a trail to walk down to the water. It’s about a 8 min walk from our site 140.

One you will always return to

Very clean, well maintained. A lot of nearby activity, private and open sites, lake, beach, trails, marina, bikes, putt putt, dog park, playground, laundry, water close, electric at sites, many "comfort stations" "wash houses" so not far from one.

Spacious sites....not a lot of trees in southern part

Great state park campground. Clean shower houses. Due to ash borer, trees cut down in a lot of areas. Most wooded area to the north.

My Favorite Ohio State Park campground

Been coming here for many years now, since my children were little. The park is always clean, well-maintained. For this visit, we chose site 147. Spacious, level, private, surrounded by greenery on either side. For future reference, we also liked: 177,179,181,200,201,205. Remember to keep your food and trash secure--the raccoons are very bold and they don't care if you are sitting right there or not!