The best GROUP camping near
Upper Arlington , OHIO

Most Recent Upper Arlington Camping Reviews
Family friendly so much to do

We camped here in 2019 and fell in love. It's a great campground with so much to do. Lots for kids of all ages. We had plans on going into town for activities but there was so much to do we spent most of the time in the campground. We swam in the lake and pools. We loved the paddle boat ducks and swans. The kids had the best time at archery. We watched them feed the fish at the lake in the morning, that was such a fun experience. I've never seen that many fish that big up close. The tent area was right next to a hiking trail which the kids loved exploring. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained. We can't wait to go back

Fall is here!

Site 29 - this was a nice site in tall pine trees and colors all around. The pad was gravel and pretty level. We had trees in our site that could be used for hammocks as well. We were able to set up our ez-up and still have room to walk our dogs. It wasn’t the biggest site, but definitely not the smallest. We had electric for our camper. We had a good storm one night that caused a small pool of water out front and around the fire ring, but both areas drained very well the next day. There are vault toilets at the end of the road and a very nice shower house as you drive in that were clean all weekend. The park had a couple of playgrounds for kids, disc golf course and lots of hiking trails. The camp store is now open with limited hours. Wood is available but it’s all slab cut. There are also permanent cornhole boards. There are full hook up sites as well but are right next to one another and not a lot of trees. You can drive down to the lake and kayak and fish. It’s a very small campground with a very big park.

Nice location

Beautiful hiking, great views of the lake. Nice place to put a boat/kayak in the water. Downside, very few sites have water/sewer hookup. They do have locations to get potable water and a dump station on the way out of the park, we were just hoping to have a water hookup on site.

Best campground we’ve been to all year

This summer my family has went to many campgrounds and by far Delaware has been our favorite. The site we were on was set back in the woods. My daughter had tons of fun exploring the woods connected to our site. We did not swim due to it being in the 60s and rainy during most of our stay but we did go look at the beach it was very clean and appears well cared for. The bathroom on our loop was older def in need of some updating but it wasn’t a big deal.

Small, but perfect site for us

This was a last minute reservation and only available due to a cancellation. The campground was full for the weekend. The campground is pretty big with different types of sites. Some are smaller, close to neighbors while other have seclusion with trees. From past experience, if it rains, some of the sites do flood. We had great weather this weekend. The site we reserved had a hill right next to the passenger side/door side of your camper. If you had a big camper, it might be tight to open your slides and an awning. You most likely would not sit right outside your camper door. In fact, the fire ring is behind the site and up a small hill. We set up our ez-up in the back and out of the way, it worked for us. There was also a path that led you into the playground. Speaking of playgrounds, you will hear a lot of kids if the weather is nice. We were right across from the camp host (very nice lady) and very short walk to the bathhouse. The bathhouse had 4 flushable toilets and I think 3 showers. The showers did not have benches in the stall, only on the outside directly across. With a full campground, the bathrooms were kept very clean with the amount of people using it. We walked around and noticed a lot of bathhouses and another playground. We took a hike that led us to the lodge - it was an in and out and just under 5 miles. On our way back we stopped at the camp store which was well stocked with items you may need or not. There is a putt putt course, frisbee disc course, horse trails, dog park, nature center, golf course and more trails nearby. There are plenty of things to do if you like to keep busy or are trying to keep kids entertained. (The bees and stinkbugs were out and about while we were there.)

Scenic but too close to neighbors

My friend and I recently stayed at the north ridge campsite, which is the tents only site at Tar Hollow State Park.  I had both positive and negative experiences.  Let's start with the positives.  It's a very secluded campsite so it really feels like you're one with nature.  The pit latrines are convenient for those emergency situations but they're not the cleanest but it is not a far drive to the flush toilets at the RV campsite area near the camp store.  Site 106 is a great site if you choose to stay here.  It is very flat, one of the most flat sites (I think 105 is more flat) and so my night's sleep was great.

Now for the negatives, which sadly outweigh the positives for my stay.

You are right next to your camping neighbors.  I have terrible luck and ended up staying next to a very inconsiderate and loud group that included their many dogs. Normally this wouldn't bother me but I could hear all of their conversations because we were so close to them.  You can hear snoring and other "nighttime" noises so just be aware others can and will hear you.  I wasn't able to find the water spigot right away because someone set up their tent right next to it but then was able to find it once they moved their tent.  This is more of a negative of the State Park but the hiking paths are not clearly marked and I am embarrassed to admit I did get lost in the woods.  The map they have is in black in white but the park uses a color system.  This could be solved by taking a picture of the colorful map right by the fire tower.

Overall, I don't think I would choose to return to this site for camping because you're just way to close to others around you.

Great small family campground

We enjoyed our 3 night stay here! Some sites are full hook up, some sites are electric and water, and some are primitive. The dump station is easily accessible if you need it. 5 acres with everything we could need. The owners were amazing. Very friendly and helpful! They had only owned the campground for 2 weeks and were in the process of making several improvements. The shower house and bathrooms were clean and adequate. There is a small playground for kids. It is pet friendly. There is a nice sized pool for summer (we camped in October so it was closed for the season). Located within a short drive (about 10 miles/15 minutes) from everything Hocking Hills has to offer. There is even a restaurant close by that will deliver to your campsite. Kroger and Walmart are within 5-7 minutes driving for supplies. The only downside is that it is close to a highway so at night you can hear the traffic. This didn’t bother us so much but might be a problem for some.

Nice Campground with mix of tent and rv sites

Deer Creek State Park Campground is aptly named. There are deer all over and you can see them from many campsites…though we haven’t seen any deer tick yet. There are many heavily shaded sites and another side is fairly open. Many sites off the main road have hills you need to go down to set up a tent. Comfort Stations (read flush toilets) are usually close by and several Shower Houses are scattered throughout the grounds. Shower houses are in great shape and have plenty of hot water but only 3 showers per house and are fairly small. Campsites are mixed in sizes. Some are great for a small group (3-4) to camp together and have a common area while others are pretty spacious. We are in 109 and have plenty of privacy and overlook a small fishing pond. Nothing close by so pick up any gas, groceries or snacks you want before you get here. Nice place and we’ll definitely come back.

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!