The best DRIVE IN camping near
Maxbass , NORTH DAKOTA

Most Recent Maxbass Camping Reviews
Enjoyed our stay

Great flat campground with full hookups. The restrooms and paid showers were clean and new . On site laundry was a plus . Management was super nice . Let us have a late checkout and even brought a few pieces of firewood for free the day before . Conveniently located just minutes from Minot but still quiet .

Fun trails!

Spent a day and a half walking every trail available in the park. All of them were well marked and well maintained. The terrain in easygoing with great views of all the little lakes and occasionally some wildlife. It was a great trip and am glad I went in September when all the leaves are changing colors!

Campground /RV Park

Out of the two major RV Parks in the area I would consider this to be the best. All the normal amenities except a pool. The front section feels like a true campground with the exception of the sites are a little close and the rear corner is set up like a gravel rv parking lot and priced accordingly. For long term expect to pay rent plus electricity along with a $100 deposit. Also a $100 difference between the front sites with trees and a gravel parking lot in the back. The staff is very friendly and will help out with any problem neighbors. I think the only negative I have is they are a little pricey, but then again the whole area seemed pricey when it comes to campgrounds.

Right off the highway

Not your typical KOA with a pool and big playground. Which I was looking for anyways while working here in the Minot area. Except for the highway noise it’s quite a peaceful park. The grounds are well groomed, but could use some up dating. ( not much for grass ). The office on the other hand is updated and has a few rv accessories, but no groceries. Nice laundry facility, as for the restrooms/ showers ?closed because of COVID-19. Over 100 sites, but almost half are taken by the RV dealership because they own the park as seen in the picture. Only 5 of the rv’s shown in the pick are guests, the rest are part of the dealership.

Need to return!

We got there at dark, staff was super helpful with the park pass and buying wood. We camped in the North Star primitive sites, water spigot available, vault toilet not to far. We really enjoyed riding bikes on all the trails, only one we didnt get to ride was the Deer loop. Looking forward to returning to do some canoeing/kayaking , looks like there's a good loop set up with portages.

Beautiful place to camp.

I’m a tent camper. I stopped here for one night while taking the high line on a road trip. The drive in is hilly and has spectacular views. It is well worth the few extra miles. The camp is clean. It is very family oriented. There were many tent campers. I was in the Washgum Loop on campsite #66 and the interpretive trail and and a nice area to view the lake was right next to my campsite. If you had your own kayak you could definitely drop in from here. The park service personnel were exceptionally, happy, informative and kind. I walked the full Old Oak interpretive trail and the pamphlet that you pick up on the way in to camp was nice to have. There is poison ivy here. There was some on my campsite and some on the interpretive trail.

Small and cute, clean bathrooms

We stayed 3 nights in early September, Fri-Sun. I was a bit surprised at how few people were there - 2 or 3 long campers and we were the only tent campers. It was nice for privacy but felt a little eerie at times. That being said it was nicely maintained and I have to mention the bathrooms are replenished and cleaned daily and fully stocked with CHARMIN ULTRA toilet paper which is an absolute luxury at a simple campground lol. The showers are also pretty nice and the facility is heated. So appreciated. It has a little pavilion, a playground, “beach”, a couple cute bridges, a big grassy field for stargazing or throwing the ball around, a disc golf course, and of course you’re right on the river which is cool. Swimming is allowed at your own risk. I’m giving it five stars mostly for how well kept the bathrooms were, but it did feel a little desolate at times. I get it’s the end of camping season though and it was a little cold at night so that’s probably why. There are a few stray cats and dogs wandering about at times. We are good sleepers and this didn’t bother us much but there are heavily trafficked train tracks a couple hundred yards away from the campground so if you are a light sleeper or are bothered by trains this might not be the place for you. Umm all in all it’s a cute and peaceful little park that made a nice home for a few nights. It’s patrolled by police throughout the day too. We’d probably stay there again if we ever happen to go to Minot. Oh! There’s a decent North Dakota style winery (sweet fruit wines) a couple miles down the road with a lovely view and even some hikes. Worth a visit - Pointe of View. Ok, done now I promise.

Awesome!!

Great place to stay!! Campsites were nice & taken care of! Some sites were elevated or lowered with a few stairs; kinda cool! Swim beach was a bit of a walk, but totally worth it!! Great sandy beach & nice water!! Activities set up for families/kids each weekend. Nice playground between loops too.

Buffalo Lodge Lake

Very nice campground on the lake. A few shade trees and covered pavilions. Water and electric available but not for RV hookups. Boat ramp and fishing pier.

Very friendly owners

This site has both over night camping and long term lots for RV’s. It also has spots for tent camping so if you want a place to camp close to town this is great. The only downfall I would say, is that it is set up for more long term stay and if your looking for a great outdoor experience I would go more out of town but if you are here visiting family for a week or more this is perfect.