International Peace Garden, NORTH DAKOTA
Camping North Dakota International Peace Garden
Most Recent International Peace Garden Camping Reviews
Better than I expected.

Did not disappoint in anyway. Camp sites are close but had trees and natural grasses so it feels like you are in your own private woods. Well kept hicking trails, beautiful lake with docks and nice beach. Offered kyak rentals, water and electric sites. A must see.

Great Place to Unplug

Really enjoyed this state park. Lots of wildlife. Full hookups, clean sites and facilities—nicest public showers we have ever seen! Went fishing, swimming, explored the hiking and bike trails and did some geocaching. The International Peace Garden is about a half hour drive and that was beautiful as well.

2nd favorite campground in North Dakota

Absolutely beautiful, wooded campground . Many hiking trails! International peace gardens a stones throw away .

Nice place to get away and be part of nature

I stayed in the cabins here and they were very nice! All the staff I’ve met were happy and energetic. Canoe or kayaking in the area is a must and keep your eye out for the wildlife around you in the water. The interpretive learning center is really neat also.

Hidden gem

Great place to take family especially if you enjoy fishing and have a boat, Best for small boats like canoes and kayaks. The rangers are extremely kind and helpful.

Beautiful lakeside campsites

A great place for getting in or on the water. Swimming next to campsites, boat launch site even closer. The playground is located next to picnic and bbq areas, all near the water and restrooms close by. Fishing docks are plentiful.

brought my kids and my dogs for a great time and wasn’t disappointed.

peaceful

We love going to Lake Metigoshe State Park!The park has lots of trees for shade and it’s just a beautiful area.

Loved it!

Many campsites, surrounded by trees. Stayed for two nights and didn’t even see everything at the park. Brought kayaks Into the pond/ lakes in the gardens. Wish we had brought bikes. They had hiking trails but didn’t get to do them. Wish I was still there!!! Site 24 could probably fit at least 5 tents but our camp site would have only fit three maybe

Birch Trees Everywhere!

This campground tucked away in the turtle mountains next to Lake Metigoshie is definitely worth the visit! The campground is located in a state park so rules do apply. Tents, rvs, cars are are easy to maneuver in and out with a pump station located in the park. The 4 season playground is home to a ski park near by with a brand new chalet and updated runs with a terrain park( depending on snow conditions) public beach access, hiking trails, snowmobile trails, and the International Peace Gardens located not to far away either! I recommend camping in the fall with tree colors! WOW!

quiet

Sadly we found lots of trash left behing here from what looks like local dumpers. Sad, kinda put a black cloud over our visit

Park is nice

Park was nice and they kept the facilities clean. We went to go fishing and the water was very busy with recreational boats. There is also some crazy weeds in the water. We caught 4 good sized bluegill to eat. The shoreline is packed with houses other than where the park was. We were in a tent campground and a camper came and parked and ran a generator for hours.