About Hillcrest Acres Campground
Contact
Hillcrest Acres Campground is located in North Dakota
2 Reviews of Hillcrest Acres Campground
Lovely

We are traveling cross country, and needed a place to stop in Bismarck, there was only on review on this app so far, but it was a good one, so we went ahead and called. The woman I spoke to was kind and professional, and even texted directions to my phone, and told us to pull on in and get set up before checking in. We got here and she was there to greet us and showed me around. Got all registered and she reminded me that if we needed anything to just let her know. The campground is very full, but quiet and a nice place.

An RV Park with a perfect tent spot and the coolest owner

We’re putting in long miles on our way home and start looking for a place to stay. Nobody has reviewed this campground on The Dyrt. A Google search shows some mixed comments. Then we read a recent one that says there is a new owner and it’s a great place. We’re tired and this sounds promising so we stopped by.

The owner, Tobias, drove up as we did. He hurried over and invited us in to the office. He’s a carpenter so we got to talking about my teardrop camper. He suggested we camp in one of the tent sites. It’s fully shaded and near a field for the dog to play in. He walked all the way to the site just to show us how to back our teardrop in to the tent spot - it fit perfectly! There is a light pole with a bug zapper on it. He showed us the switch and pointed out the bathhouse. Two showers and a separate place to wash dishes. Our neighbor walked over to talk and said he is staying all summer. If we had more time we would take advantage of being so close to Bismarck.

The RV spots seem close together and most didn’t have much shade. People staying in them enjoy them. There was a group that got together to hang out - they kept at it all day. Tobias was telling me how many campers are repeat customers. Some are retirees and others are in the trades and others just like it here. That speaks highly of the positive vibe I felt before I even set up camp. There are a variety of sites depending on what you are looking for. Take the time to find your perfect site. Tobias said they are working to fix things up so this place should get better and better. He even asked for suggestions on things I’ve seen that make a campground better. I’m impressed by his drive to make this a welcoming place.

This campground demonstrates that the quality as well as the feel of a place can change. This is a great place to stop on your journey or perhaps for a longer visit.