West Marion , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent West Marion Camping Reviews
What An Experience!

If you are looking for a campground that is quiet and secluded - this is your place!

We are a tent camping family so we stayed in Section “A.” It was really quiet, everyone was respectful of quiet hours. The bathhouse was very well maintained and clean. Never out of soap or toilet paper - biggest plus were the hot showers!

The campsites were spaced out perfectly with enough natural separation from trees, bushes, etc. The campsites were also pretty large, at least ours was. Just make sure you read the size of the campsite before you book because we noticed a sizes difference amongst all them.

I read a lot of reviews about cellphone service prior to coming, and they were all pretty accurate. My husband and I have Verizon wireless, and we had about 2 bars of LTE (when we weren’t connected to the wifi at the campground) which was enough service to call family and friends, but not enough to text or load any apps.

Overall, huge recommend. So much to do, so peaceful, relaxing, and super scenic. P.S. the blue ridge parkway in the fall is something out of a fairytale, just gorgeous.

Loved staying here!

A bucket list trip to step foot on the APP and spend time wandering Hot Springs NC.

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Non existent

I lived under mellow mushroom and know for a fact that there is no tent camping here. There are paid parking lots on king and queen street, and have seen campers be able to stay there. But NO tent camping here in downtown Boone. Be better off trying to camp at local park or greenway I think, but there’s so much to offer around, find a nice tucked away spot like trash can falls less than 15 away from there.

Poor water pressure

Great Campground

We stayed at the Carolina Hemlocks campground while taking a road trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very private campground that borders the South Toe River. Nice tubing put in and a great swimming spot directly in the campground. The bathrooms and shower was well taken care. Very friendly camp hosts. We stayed in site 31, which was a nice wooded private spot in the back of the campground.

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Great Campground

There is a little bit of everything here. Mountain location meets all the view requirements to include the rushing stream as you come in. Owners are supper friendly and want to make your stay enjoyable. There are cabins, tents, and RV sites so you can take your choice of sleeping accommodations. Plenty to do for kids of all ages with game room, swing set, basketball, corn hole, and a field big enough to throw a frisbee or play catch. Add a little creek through the middle and a fishing pond; what more do you need?

Campground is well maintained. The RV Sites are level. The bath house is clean. The WiFi is A++, can you say streaming?! You have your choice of open site or one with tree cover. If you are looking for a place to see the leaves changing color this is the place to stay. Don’t wait to make your reservations it fills up fast!!!

Great Location

We stayed for two nights, a little away from the main camp area but was kinda glad for it. Had a great spot tucked into the woods near the water. Great path to skip rocks and just enjoy. Fire pit was a little weird but made it work. We were close to the road which was kind of a bummer but as I mentioned, not in the main area so probably can’t fault it for that.

When driving through the main area though, spaces were pretty tight, very full, and not all seemed friendly for a camper/RV though there were some. It was truly beautiful though, gas station on the way in and downtown Burnsville/grocery store wasn’t too far away.

Amazing

Friendly staff, nice view, little small places for big rigs, but I would recommend