Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
About Curtis Creek Campground

RV and tent camping, campground host on site.

Price
$10.00
USDA Forest Service
Hike In
Curtis Creek Campground is located in North Carolina
-82.1967 W
Directions
From I-40, take Exit 73 towards Old Fort. Take Catawba Ave. north 0.5 miles to US-70E/E Main St. Turn right on US-70E and go 1.8 miles to Curtis Creek Rd. (Curtis Creek Campground sign). Turn left on Curtis Creek Rd. and drive 4 miles to campground.
6 Reviews of Curtis Creek Campground
Good access to Mount Mitchell

Primitive

Nice place

We live near here and decided to give the dispersed camping area a try. We wanted to take our dogs camping to see how they would do and the dispersed camping area was perfect! These sItes are free on a first come, fIrst serve basis. Large, flat tent pad, and a big fire pit. Right next to the creek. Beautiful area. No bath house for the dispersed area, but I doubt the campground would deny you if you dropped by. The dispersed sites are more secluded. The paid camp sites appear to be very well kept. No cell service.

Peaceful and pleasant

The road to get to the campground made me nervous, but once there, I could have stayed for weeks! The creek is right beside the campsites, and easily accessed by steps. The host was very helpful and nice. Everything was clean and well-maintained. There is no cell signal for 15 or so minutes, either direction, so know your routes before leaving Old Fort. My children loved it!

great for families

We visited Curtis Creek in 2016 and we still remember it as one of our favorites. Our young kids (4 at the time) enjoyed playing in the boulder-strewn creek just off the main campsite. The main campsite was drive-in with plenty of shade, but the sites were all right next to each other with minimal privacy. Vault toilets in the center were clean and not smelly. The camp hosts provided information about near-by hikes and we were able to complete an out-and-back with the kids with minimal whining. We enjoyed a pond on the hike with lots of insects and crayfish. The campsite had drinking water but no firewood, so come prepared. There were wineberry thickets all over during our stay, yummy! The campsites in the open field had lots of room, but little shade and looked hot mid-day.