The best BOAT IN camping near
Rosman , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rosman Camping Reviews
Centrally Located in Asheville, but be sure to stay on the River Side

It’s a very central to downtown Asheville and provided you’re river front it’s a nice campground. Unfortunately all of the sites that aren’t river front back up directly to the interstate — a little noisy to say the lease. Everyone was friendly, and we spent most of our time touring the city.

Beautiful campground

We stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved it. Our site was #40 and it was right on the lake. There is a skunk that comes up to your site at night but he doesnt bother anyone as long as you dont scare it. Very beautiful and peaceful campground. Friendly staff. Definitely going to return again.

Amazing

Friendly staff, nice view, little small places for big rigs, but I would recommend

Pretty and convenient.

20 minutes from downtown Asheville, we got to enjoy the city a little bit while also camping. Campground and staff were great but campsites are extremely close together (we stayed at hard times loop), some of the RV sites at Big John Loop seem to have a bit more privacy, however those are completely paved and not suitable for tents. We have Verizon and usually get service everywhere even spotty locations but our phones hardly worked there and definitely no internet. We got lucky (due to the cold I think), the site next to us was empty until our last day. The showers kinda suck, it’s a few seconds of timed release, if you’re trying to get clean and wash your hair having to keep pushing a button every 30 seconds that the water goes out is pretty annoying, specially when it’s so cold. And the lack of pressure and position of the shower makes you have to almost lean on the wall.

Very nice location

The walk from parking Roth’s camp sites was easy and not far. The campsites are decent sizes and decent space between sites. Unfortunately it rained the entire time we camped otherwise would have been perfect. Will definitely come back to these sites again.

Lovely visit!

We stayed at Lake Hartwell State park in stie 98 which was a lovely lakeside site.  The sites on either side (96, 99) all shared a path to a small beach with lake access.  Most other sites in the Wiggins Loop did not seem to have lake access- exceptions being tent sites and the cabins.  There was some privacy and the sites were decently spread out, but since they were staggered a bit you could definitely see into other sites.

Nice camp store with helpful staff and firewood for sale.

Place was packed over the weekend but cleared out Sunday.

On top of the world, tricky road up

Arrived for a 3-night tent stay. Check in was easy. There's a trading post at the campground and a store at the visitors center. Both sell firewood. The road up is winding and narrow. The sites are level and bedded with fine gravel. It's a terraced camp ground with decent separation between sites. Grabbed #25, about 75 yards from the restrooms down the hill. Breathtaking views! It's a great park with awesome cell phone reception. No bear sightings though!

We loved this place

Nice campground, nice facilities, nice trails.

First solo trip - perfect spot!

I decided to stay at Lake Powhatan for my first solo camping trip and campsite 063 was the perfect location. I was right next to the campsite host and the bathrooms, so I felt safe the whole time. I went during the week, so despite being next to the bathrooms, it was very quiet. The only downside to this site was the picnic table was directly on top of the trees, so my hammock was almost directly on top of the table. But other than that, I have no complaints.

The bathrooms were very nice. Staff came around and cleaned the bathrooms and showers every morning. And the fact that they were both individual, private rooms were very convenient, as I had my service dog with me, so I was able to bring a towel to put on the ground while I showered and I didn’t have to worry about anyone else in the bathroom trying to pet him.

All of the staff was super friendly, but it was a minor inconvenience that the campground store was closed due to COVID, so if you needed ice or firewood, you had to drive up to the gas station that was a few miles out.

I would definitely go back again though!

Quiet area, 0 reception

The area very serene, quiet and pretty. Nice hiking area and swimming area. If you need to get ahold of someone though you'll have to drive 10 to 15 minutes into town.