The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Franklin , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Franklin Camping Reviews
At first I was worried, but it turned out great

This is the smallest KOA we’ve been to by far, in our travels. When we got there the site was crazy unleveled, but after using all my leveling blocks, we made it work. The o let other 2 negative things was it’s the road noice and the smell of the paper mill in the morning. Other than that, is place was really pretty cool. We camped down on the lower level and had water and power, no sewer, which isn’t a huge deal, but still. Our site backed up to a little wooded area and we get like we were actually in a state park, not an rv park. The playground was a little too small for my kids, but they’ve got a bunch of little trails throughout the site with fairy doors at the base of some trees and a Groot!!! David, the grounds guy there, was great and had a ton of suggestions for where we could go to explore. You’re about 15 minutes from Asheville at this place, and there’s tons of things to do in town….breweries, nature centers, and the biltmore to name a few!

Pretty good?

Pluses: Nice, clean, updated facility with excellent amenities including heated lazy river. Good location for commercial stuff in PF, Dollywood, getting to several areas in different direction of Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Minuses: Lots of add in costs to use some amenities like pedal carts, no balls for games. WiFi was horrible all 3 days there You are packed in with other RVs everywhere.

Remote campground with beautiful settings.

Awesome campground with select sites. Nice tent sites but RVs are restricted to the edge of the road. Unique area with its higher elevation. Nice people throughout many who have been coming here for many years. Clean restrooms but no showers.

Great location just 10 minutes from Helen

Hosts are super nice! Nice little spot, very clean bathrooms, conveniently located

Leave it to Georgia

While I do enjoy the woods and easy walk of raven cliff falls. Prepare for the humidity. Upon arriving and carrying things to camp I left a bundle of wood outside my car for me to return and get but within minutes it was stolen. I’ve spent months out west camping and traveling with great experience. Welcome to Georgia!

Very quiet and beautiful

Quiet campsite run by NPS. Beautiful in the fall. Great fire pit and gravel elevated platform for tents and activities

Amazing Time

Beautiful and Fun! Celebrating family in the woods instead of town! Had a wonderful family RV vacation. Our 1st ever, in a 38’ Class A. We were nervous about parking and getting set up- but they helped us get a spot that was easy to pull into. Great site managers and well appointed! Will return

Perfect base camp for North Georgia roads

TWO has a great location at the convergence of many great roads. Dedicated to motorcyclists, TWO has tent sites, trees to hammock and small cabins for rent. The property is well planned and maintained. On site is a main barn house for gathering with a restaurant, a flowing creek and picnic area. Very popular on weekends with riders stopping for a burger or to talk to others.

Poor water pressure

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.