Flat Rock , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Flat Rock Camping Reviews
Stunning scenery

We camped at Table Rock State Park in SC in October 2020. It's a beautiful park, clean and well maintained. The weekend was a little crazy. The park was packed and many sites were filled to overflowing. I'm glad we were able to stay past the weekend to enjoy the peace and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Kayak rentals are very inexpensive, but 30 - 60 minutes is all you'll need. They were a little short staffed due to Covid, so the check-in location near the campground was closed. We had to check in at the Visitor Center, which is quite inconvenient if you're towing a rig. But all in all, it was a great stay!

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Great Spot, Close to Asheville

We have been trying to find campgrounds close to home to make a quick weekend and Curtis Creek didn’t disappoint! Fairly quick drive, groceries in Old Fort, gravel road and you are there. Not very big but that was great for us. Several hikes right from the campground. We stayed near the road which was fine at night but was really busy during the day with hunters so that was kind of a bummer and probably the only reason I knocked it a star. Kids loved playing at the creek and will try to get a site on that side next time!

A back door to the Blue Ridge

Super clean grounds at the south edge of the Pisgah. Friendly hosts, and great hiking all around.

If you are feeling adventurous and don’t mind a dirt road, leave the campground and go north, up the hill. Five miles of gorgeous mountain switchbacks along the creek. And just when you think the road doesn’t go anywhere, you turn onto the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The sites are very clean, but the standard and RV sites are not private. If you want some privacy right on the creek bank, get Primitive site 1.

Looking for some elevation?

This is the highest elevation east of the Mississippi. Very great views with lots to do. Hiking, camping and more. Great place to watch the sunset and sunrise.

Hidden Gem

This is a great Campground if you're not looking for a bunch of frou-frou amenities. The road is well maintained but can be very steep in places so make sure you have some tread on your tires. No garbage cans so pack in and pack out. No generators allowed. But clean campsites and plenty of toilets. There's even a primitive hot shower. The people are very friendly both the campers and the people who operate the camp. Wood is available on-site $5 for 10 pieces or you can pack your wood in. I will definitely be back.

Fabulous

This amazing campsite it at the base of Big Tom. It’s a moderate hike to and from the campsite with great views. There’s fire rings and lots of sites to choose from. I recommend packing in enough water for your stay because there is not a water source at the site. Also no cell service.

Nice Big Site

Weather was far from good so I quickly decided this site would work. It was pretty level, had a nice fire pit. It was very foggy all day with off and on rain. My mistake was not paying attention to where the runoff was. This morning I had a small stream running through my camp. This site had plenty of room however.

Will be back

Great remote spot next to the crystal clear Curtis Creek. Pit toilets were clean and did not stink. Water available from spickets. No Verizon cell service. 10 dollars a night. Hiking and biking nearby.

Very primitive

We had campsites TS1 & TS2 across the water. A few of us kayaked to our site while others hiked 3miles to our site. It was very quiet and we could barely see our neighbors. Our site was surrounded by trees, plenty of options for hammocking/pitching a tent. It does include a fire pit with a grill grate option. This was our 2nd time here and we will def continue camping here.