The best DRIVE IN camping near
Shumaker Crossing , NEW YORK

Most Recent Shumaker Crossing Camping Reviews
Ok place

Not too far from home, bathrooms were a little on the rough side, park itself was ok, not overly impressed with any of it, we'll be going back again this coming season to give it a fair shake, may have just been a bad weekend.

Home game

Nice state park, sites are spaced nicely, our site was huge, nice beach, swimming area, pavilions

Robert H. Treman State Park, NY

Located in Tompkins County, Ithaca New York has beautiful gorges and hiking trails. Robert Treman is a treat and a gorgeous place to camp in the Ithaca, NY area. There are endless waterfalls, hiking trails, fishing holes and bird watching opportunities. The campground has bathrooms, showers, picnic tables, a playground and a dump station. There are cabins, tents and rv sites, some of which are handicapped accessible. Ithaca is also packed with wineries and the finger lakes. A great place to visit!

Such a unique Glamping experience!

Stayed 2 nights for my birthday and loved it. One of the first places to open after COVID shutdown. Normally they have a large gathering area for cooking, games and a bar tent. Even with the restrictions we had a great visit and felt safely distanced from other campers and staff. Great hiking trails because it is attached to Buttermilk Falls State Park. Also close to Cornell University which is a beautiful campus.

I loved sleeping in the huge canvas tent and listening to the rain safe and warm under many quilts. The breakfast baskets the made for us each day were so nice to wake up to. And the bar and fire pits were maintained for you by the staff -  such luxury. I loved it.

Beautiful!

We went during shoulder season and it was beautiful and quiet.

Want to unplug?

Cedar valley is tucked away in a nice ravine along a slow moving creek. Mainly for those with campers but tent camping is welcomed. (and it's by the creek). The host/owner was amazing.

We were moving from Florida to New York and this was our final stop. We spent three weeks in the camper with 2 dogs, 2 cats and an 11 yr old. It was still amazing. The other campers were also amazing and very friendly. The nearest town is morrisville and the food there is awesome as well.

The downside for our 11 year old was there is no cell signal in the ravine. No verizon or att. Which was a bonus for we all were having fun but on days it rained she was a bit bored.

Over all a great spot out if the way.

Very clean campground with very nice owners. The sites are nicely spaced so you aren’t on top of each other. Great place to call home base while exploring the finger lakes.

This place is the best

I’ve been camping here since I was a kid. This will forever be my favorite place. If I could live here I would. It’s peaceful and beautiful. There’s not a bad site here. They are all big, private and beautiful.

Nice quiet campground

Great place for those who want a relaxing place without all of the amenities that families with kids are looking for . Spacious sites , campground is clean and very well maintained . Owners are very personable and onsight for any issues ..

Highly recommend

Itching to return already

We spent 2 nights at Tuscarora Village in the Six Nations campground. More than impressed. The sites were unique, huge, and well maintained. Very family friendly with a 10pm “shhhh” time which is the only drawback, and only because we don’t have young kids. If you are looking for a safe, easy, comfortable place for you and your family or some quiet time, I highly recommend. Within a short walk of the trails and gorge. Stunning. Also, less than 10 mins from the cutest town and Seneca Lake (and Walmart when you forgot your air mattress pump…)