About Watkins Glen / Corning KOA
KoA
Watkins Glen / Corning KOA is located in New York
5 Reviews of Watkins Glen / Corning KOA
Nice

Nice campground. Clean Friendly staff. A lot of outdoor features for kids which were closed while we were there.

Too Crowded

Super kind people who work there. Great amenities. Climbing wall, pool, putt putt, giant bouncy thing. Basketball hoop, playground. Lots of cars, lots of people, super close campsites. None of the 3 toilets flushed well. Sink was a little clogged. It WAS clean though. They clean and collect trash daily. I dont have kids but could see how parents would like this. For a couple with a dog, it was too crowded and loud.

Never Again

As I walked into the office to register on a slow Monday afternoon, a young lady stated she would help me. No hello, my name is, how was your trip? All business, no personality. She goes through a check list that I have to sign off on, gives me my paperwork and proceeds to show me how to get to my site using a camp map. No escort whatsoever.

I get to the gate to get into the campground but the swipe key box is out of reach for a Class A motorhome driver. So my wife has to exit the coach and swipe the card for the gate to open. As I proceed, my right rear wheels hit a major pothole and rock my Motorhome (can't avoid it) BTW - there is a guard house at the gate but it is used for storage, not housing a guard to make entry easy.

Site is roomy and level but not worth the price. The site is gravel as well as the roads but couldn't be any further from the office. Cell phones have no signal and the campground Wi-Fi sucks.

Don't bring a golf cart because you will not be allowed to use it unless you can prove your handicapped but …… you can rent a cart from the campground.

Laundry mat has 6 washer machines but 3 are out of order. Those working are being used by housekeeping to wash sheets and towels for the cabins. A manager was approached but he was useless because there are no washer/dryers for housekeeping to use so the customers are at the mercy of housekeeping.

Amenities: food truck closed, Seneca Trails water park can be used for a fee (should be in campsite fee) Pirate ship jungle gym useless - 2 broken slides.

All in all. Worst KOA I ever stayed in. KOA corporate must have a very low standard when rating this park a resort.

Something for everyone

This campground keeps growing. I’ve camped here for 20+ years and they have always been great. Lots of activities for kids and families on site and near by. Quite campground with KOA expected cleanliness and staff courtesy.

Beautiful hiking, nice campsites, playgrounds and pool!

There is amazing hiking trails along the gorge with views of waterfalls! There is a nice pool and playgrounds. It’s close to downtown Watkins glen with lots of restaurants. It is also very close to Seneca Lake where there is swimming, boating, awesome hiking in the national Forest and tons of wineries and breweries. I’m also a little partial to this particular State Park because it’s where I got married!