About Smith Memorial Park
4 Reviews of Smith Memorial Park
Wonderful

Awesome place well maintained

Currently Closed

Stopped by this campground to use their boat launch and picnic area while camping up the road. The campground is currently closed and probably will be for awhile as they are replacing the water lines throughout the park.

Lovely campground

I have stayed in the tent sites three times now and I really enjoy this campground. Nice clean sites with picnic tables that are in good shape. It is just a short walk to the beautiful lake front. Bathrooms are a little far from the tent sites with only one shower. This can be tough since there are a lot of seasonal sites for campers and RVs across from the tent sites using the same facilities. Very nice little beach for swimming and the perfect spot for going to the wineries. Sites are not very private but I have encountered very nice neighbors every time so it hasn't been an issue.

Great hiking trails, and beach nearby!

Smith Memorial Park has a pretty great set up. You can camp and hike, while enjoying the beach and water activities. It is the best of both worlds. I camped here a few summers ago, and enjoyed my stay. I love hiking, and there were some really good trails nearby with some great views. The campground was great, each campsite has its own picnic table and fire ring. They also have restrooms and showers available for use too- I stayed a few nights so the showers worked out great. Our spot was fairly close, so it was within walking distance. What I really like about his campground is it is sort of secluded, and not very crowded. The campsite I stayed at was called "The Point" and it was quite and a great location. My sisters went one evening to a winery that was really close to our campsite called JR Dill, and we went to a great brewing company for dinner one night. The campground does provide firewood-which they offer for a pretty low cost. We did this, and enjoyed making smores over the campfire both nights we stayed. The beach is nice and is pretty close to the campground, within walking distance. Great for swimming, and I saw some people out on the lake with their boats. Enjoyed my stay, and would definitely come back again at some point!