The best DRIVE IN camping near
Hempstead Gardens , NEW YORK

Most Recent Hempstead Gardens Camping Reviews
1 week, nice place.

Spent a week while travel nursing. Quiet and peaceful. Lots of sand!😂

Great location...easy access to city

We spent 3 nights here last week. I was in NYC for business and we took our RV. Very convenient location. My wife visited Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The sites had electric and water and were in a fenced off section of tue marina parking area. It was a little loud with city noises, but exactly what we expected being so close. Staff was great. Easy access with our 32 foot RV pulling our Jeep.

Good

Nice location

This is my favorite all around park in suffolk county.

Camp on grass! Lovely trees. Everyone is nice. Hiking trails are beautiful. Dog friendly. Clean bathrooms

Ideal driving distance from NYC

Mountain Lakes park is a great place to camp within driving distance from NYC. A fun option available at Mountain lakes is to rent a yurt to camp in. The area, as the name implies, is home to several lakes which can be used for various recreational purposes. There are also many hikes which can be trekked straight from the campgrounds which is always a huge plus in my mind. When we were there it was right after a rain storm and everything was a bit muddy and slippery. We will definitely be planning a trip back to Mountain Lakes when the weather gets nicer though!

Nice bike ride to the beach

Did a weekend bikepacking trip from New Brunswick to Allaire. Big sites that you can hear the highway from. A really nice bike ride to Ocean Grove and other beach towns. There are outlets in the bathroom and someone put a fullass drip coffee machine in one of the sinks. I did not refuse a fresh cup of brew.

Great shelters, better trails!

This is a great place for camping. The shelters are great for people who want to camp and not have to worry about unplanned weather. The best part of this campsite are the endless trails in the area (see screenshot of AllTrails). I believe there are over 40 miles of trails in this area. Would definitely recommend for those who want to camp near NYC but not drive too far.

Beach camping

Close sites with no privacy. Short walk to beach.

Close to NYC

Close enough to the city, far enough to enjoy the nature. Expect crowds.

Beautiful hikes nearby

Very peaceful and quiet with lots to do in the area.