the dyrt
County
Southhaven County Park is located in New York
4 Reviews of Southhaven County Park
Great Location.

Great Location Clean Park.

Great sites

Beware and prepare for ticks. Very wooded.

Our favorite campground. Been going there for years. Great sites, get there early in the camping season and there is alot of free firewood, a nice bennie!

Relaxing, slight rain one day but who cares! NO chores around home, sites are large, just bring a fire pit.

Awesome water activites, and great hikes!

If you like water activities and hiking, then chances are you will probably like this campground. I like both, and really enjoyed my stay here. One great thing is that they do have some items you can rent- I rented a rowboat, and used that for a large part of the morning. They also have some kayaks available to rent as well. The campground is pretty large, which I was a little surprised by. The campground was really clean, and because the campground is large, you feel like there is room between you and your neighbors. They have quite a few walking, hiking and biking trails nearby. I definitely took advantage of the hiking trails, and would recommend looking up some hikes that suite your ability. The only downside I would say is that the campground is located near a shooting range…I heard someone say it was a "skeet range." So every so often you would hear a gun shot, which was pretty startling at times. However, I got pretty used to it. I would also suggest to bring bug spray if you are planning to come in the summer months, because there were mosquitos everywhere, especially close to the water. There is also an entrance fee for those people who are non-residents, and I believe it is $13. They have great picnic areas close to the water, which were always taken- So get there early if you are planning to have a BBQ or picnic with your family. Overall, I liked it here and would come back eventually.