the dyrt
County
Blydenburgh Park is located in New York
3 Reviews of Blydenburgh Park
awesome

just a great place to get away from home

A gem of long island Feels like upstate camping in group camping area

The group camping on the fox sites is accessible by a dirt drive in. I felt like I was suddenly transported upstate when in fact I had only driven 2 towns over, (about 20 minutes from home.) I have lived on Long Island for my entire life never knew great camping was minutes away. Group camping has a limit of 2 cars per site. This helped support a feeling of secluded tranquility campers only from forest camping rather than feild camping. Additional cars can park in guest parking lot. I went during heavy rain and had so much fun driving up a long muddy way. The hiking trails were quiet natural and and clean. The trails I exposed were well marked. The fox 9 site was a long enough walk I needed to plan my trips to the bathroom. Other sites were spaced enough to allow a true feeling of escaping into the woods.

Blydenburg - quick trip, close to home

This park is about 6 minutes away from our home. It's a small park. It's great if you have little ones. Dogs are welcome.There's a large dog run so the fur babies will have a great time too. Staff is super nice. Bathrooms are just okay. Sites are close and very buggy but "tis the season". We didn't explore the trails but heard they were good.