Farnham , NEW YORK

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Farnham Camping Reviews
Nice campground, walking distance to the lake

We visited this park in 2018 on our 15th wedding anniversary trip out to New England-1st stop Niagara Falls and found this gem. The sites were nothing to write home about, but the Lake was a small walk away from our site. Electric site only, but water and dump on site.

Solid

Pros: good swimming, clean bathrooms, easy access off 90 (convenient) Cons: little to no separation between sites, easy access off 90 (busy)

Would have stayed longer

But I was there in early October for only one night on my way through. It was a busy place with lots of RVs, but my campsite was in a field bordered by wild flowers at the end of the campground with no one else around. Over the hill was a beautiful and unique golf course set in the woods. I was told I could walk my dogs there and I did. Also hiked a short Trail that led to a stream and over a little bridge. Very charming. Shower was OK - nothing to wtite home about - and there was water and an out house near my site. A really nice experience.

AWESOME Campground and owners

By far the best campground we have ever stayed at.  Had an awesome time for both Halloween weekends.  Owners make you feel like family.  Can't wait for the spray pad to open in 2021

Great little layover

We arrived late and our site info was in the night drop so all good. It is right off the roadway so there is some road noise. However it is a heavily populated area and we just needed a layover place to base out of for our quick visit to Niagara falls. We left the RV at the KOA and drove 15-20min to the falls. We timed our visit well the park was pretty empty in mid-October but the weather was still nice. Would recommend this koa for visitors to Niagara.

Quite, Relaxing,

Miss Anita is wonderful she is funny and always out and about visiting all the campers. Well spaced out and close to Chautauqua Lake.

Comfortable, clean, has some history.

I took my kids here about 25 years ago and remembered it fondly. It’s every bit as nice now. Views of Lake Erie are spectacular. Nice walking trails, and there’s a disc-golf course and playground. Bathhouses are clean. Nice old trees and a few historic buildings around. Really comfortable. We couldn’t get a lake-side site but that would be spectacular.

Field Camping

It's not all bad! It took a while to find our site in the dark as site markers are small. The sites are decent size, the bathrooms are clean but spiders will hang out. Showers are hot. Sites are available with electric and there is an RV dump station if you have one. There are a lot of RVs at this campground, a large playground, and a field with soccer goals (no net). Niagara Falls is 15 or so miles away, and Buffalo NY is a short drive. The bathroom building has an outdoor sink with heated water, and this is also where the trash bins are.  Firewood is available in front of many nearby homes (a couple of miles, max,and $4-5 a bundle). The fire pits are either low or leaning, so we found a camp stove to be essential. It can get quite windy, we saw a tent buckle and our stakes were pulled up from the wind. It can get loud at night and it doesn't seem as if quiet hours are enforced. I'd stay again but only if a more private campground was unavailable.

Nice

Everyone is very friendly

Great site... poor check-in

We stayed at site 109 and loved our time at the campground. Our site was across from the bathroom and wasn’t as private as some of the others but we were rewarded with an amazing view. We stayed October 2020 so a little offseason and that may have been part of our check-in issues. When we arrived at Cain Hollow registration we were greeted with a closed sign and directed to Quaker rental 3 miles up road 3. With no map and no cell service this was tough to find in the dark. We actually drove by it once early in our search because it was closed which we discovered after we finally agreed it must be the place. After wasting over an hour we drove to service and called the park police who were able to help us. Overall we loved the park and the hikes around.