the dyrt
About Darien Lakes State Park
Darien Lakes State Park is located in New York
10 Reviews of Darien Lakes State Park
love

usually pretty crowded but still such a fun place to camp!

great weekend spot!

Short drive from Buffalo for a great weekend spot!

Good park

if you like a park that is near an amusement park and not that quiet this is for you. You are still out in nature and have those aspects but you dont get that lost into nature here to me. All the facilities were nice and clean which is always a plus and you are not far from shopping or groceries if needed

close to Niagara

We stayed at this campground when we went to Niagara falls. It's a small campground but has clean bath houses an a relaxing atmosphere. Not much to do but fish or walk trails but that's how we like it. Nice park to go to after a long day at the falls. Just relax by the fire.

Clean and quiet.

I've camped here since I was a little kid. Always clean and well maintained. Also has a nice beach and all newly remodeled bathrooms.

New York State Park, not amusement park

Pretty little site, lots of green and water. Close enough to Darien Lake theme/amusement Park and concerts that you can combine them for a weekend. Choice of shady or sunny loops, most not too private. Clean and well cared for, some extra activities on site (don’t remember details, we just hiked). Small beach but we didn’t go in. FYI the nearby theme/amusement park also has a camping area but this one is 1000x better.

A great getawey Darieb lake

Good swimming I only used Tent Camping wonderful hiking trails last time I went hiking Great place to take a family. amusement park around the corner to

Loved the lake, super relaxing!

This is a great place to come and relax with your family and friends. The lake is awesome, and great for all water activities. I really enjoyed stand up paddle boarding as well as fishing with my parents! My brothers really enjoyed riding their bikes on a small trail that was located nearby. The campground and surrounding areas is pretty big, with lots of trees and shaded area. The shade definitely saved us because it was very hot outside! I would also recommend bring bug spray, because the mosquitos ate me alive. My family forgot to bring spray, so needless to say we all had quite a few nasty bites. There are also a lot of other amenities and fun things that the park has to offer. There is a small basketball court, and you can also take horseback riding lessons. My family didn't venture off too much from our campsite, but definitely enjoyed the lake and making a fire at night and eating dinner and smores for dessert. There are also some picnic areas that you can use- we didn't have a table in our campsite, but my family did bring their own table which we used. They do have some great walking trails, which my mom and I used for our morning walks. The path was great, well marked and maintained and shaded the whole time. I would love to come back and stay here again, and maybe venture out and do more next time. Someone told us there was a theme park close by, and also a golfing range and mini golf nearby.

Backpacked into the Lean To

We did some winter camping here. We backpacked into the lean to along the Conservation Trail. It was in good condition and we had a large clearing for activities. No issues with animals.

Quiet Escape

This park is a nicely kept, clean and quiet gem. I live local to the area and still find a time to setup the tent and enjoy some peace and quiet away from the noise of daily life. There are miles of hiking trails, nice "lakes" to fish and swim in. There is a fairly new Frisbee golf course as well. This campground would be a good alternative to paying the high prices to stay at the theme park down the road.