Batavia, NEW YORK

Most Recent Batavia Camping Reviews
Nice , clean little campground

Nice , clean , quiet… minutes from Niagra falls! We liked this little quite a bit . Bath house was very clean and had washers and dryers !

Beautiful park but campground not as nice as other NY state parks

Ranger Review: Men’s Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket at Letchworth State Park

CampgroundReview:

I’ve visited Letchworth State Park, known as the Grand Canyon of the East, in the winter and the summer, but this is the first time in autumn and the first time camping. Although this very large state park is starkly beautiful, the campground is not as nice as other New York state parks we have recently been to. We were in the 600 loop, the farthest from the camp office and closest to the Genesee River (although we could not see it from our site). The sites on the outside of the 600 loop were larger and more private; most of them were pie-shaped and had many trees that provided ample separation. The sites on the inside of the loop were much smaller and less private. The bathrooms were reasonable but dated. The showers did not look very inviting and although I did not use them, I overheard someone comment they were the worst showers they had ever experienced!

I highly recommend the free tour of the Mt. Morris Dam on the other side of the river from the campground. The tour is interesting and lasts approximately one hour. Offered at 2 pm in the offseason and twice per day during the summer.

It rained almost the entire time we were there, so we didn’t take any long hikes. We did a short hike to the Lower Falls. The footbridge was closed for repairs when we were there. The Middle Falls and Upper Falls can be seen with very short walks. There is also a restaurant in the park which was ok but not fantastic

.……………………………………..

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At this campground, we tested the Men’s Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket by Red Ledge. The price of this jacket is much less than many other available brands, so we were interested in checking it out and ordered one for my husband.

Positives:

• Affordable price
  • Workmanship appears to be solid and of good quality.
  • Seams are all sealed. Feels comfortable, although the material has a slightly rubbery feel
  • Water beads up very well
  • The waist is adjustable.

Negatives:

• The hood adjustment is a bit awkward
  • There are no zippered air vents at the armpits
  • The front Rapid entry zip pockets are designed to protect your cell phone from rain, but it makes it slightly awkward for slipping your hands in.
  • Ordered size large because the sleeve length on the XL would have been too long, but this did not leave a lot of room for layering.

Bottom line:

Although it is well made and a good value for the price, it is not as functional as my husband would have liked.

Chill

Great place to hangout for a weekend, camp sites are walking distance to the lake. The only thing is the sites are pretty congested so make sure to look at the map before you choose your spot. I recommend site 161 if you can get it.

It was decent!

I think I could have had a better experience here if I didn’t get the last spot available. We were literally camping in a field (no trees) right next to the playground… so you can imagine. There are spots near the water that looked much nicer. We went to see the sunset and it was a beautiful view. You can walk right up to Lake Ontario, which was really nice!

The owners are incredible!

Okey to be honest this campground is a little crowded for my liking, but WOW we’re the owners just the nicest people! My boyfriend and I showed up on Labor Day weekend having trouble finding a camping spot in the area due to the holiday weekend. They accommodated us and actually made us a space in their campground. It was right next to the river and actually very nice! They ever had karaoke at night, which was fun and different! Great place !!

Great base camp for Niagara and other attractions!

Site Details: We stayed on site#79, which was an electric site with a nice lake view. Our row of sites was separated from Lake Ontario by a large, open field. The sunset views over the lake each evening were spectacular. Our site actually had a gravel driveway and pad, as did several others, but I noticed that the majority of sites were grass only. There was a nice row of small shade trees and bushes that separated our row of sites from each other, but the general feel of the campground was more open field rather than forest. I really liked our site overall, but it was a bit of a walk to the bath house and water spigot.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a very large and popular campground, and to my surprise it didn’t empty out much during the week. The setting is beautiful, the rangers were friendly, and the playgrounds are very nice. The camping loop roads were nicely paved and great for bike-riding. The lake was simply beautiful, and you can even see the Toronto skyline on a clear day. With that said, some of the facilities could use some TLC. There are several bath houses with laundry located throughout the CG, and some are a bit more updated than others. The closest bath house to our site was unfortunately the most dated and dirty of them. The showers were pretty gross, and the bathroom stalls were so-so, but there was constantly TP all over the floor, overflowing trash cans, and only one working soap dispenser(which was empty most of the time). We usually see camp hosts at state parks who take care of bathroom cleaning, but I didn’t notice any hosts or host sites this trip, which I thought was odd. I also noticed that the park in general was sparsely staffed, which seemed odd given the amount of campers.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: The convenient location of this campground can’t be beat. Fort Niagara is about 5 minutes away, the falls are 15-20 minutes away, and there are many farm stands and cute little towns nearby. Another neat town to visit is Lockport, about 30 minutes away(Lake Effect Ice Cream is a must!). This is a very rural area, so the fresh produce stands are plentiful during the summer season. Our favorite was Tom Tower; his peaches and corn were incredible. The fresh cookies from nearby Sanger Farm were delicious as well. Overall, this is a lovely park in a great location. While the facilities within the park were lacking, it is a beautiful and affordable base camp from which to explore all the nearby towns and attractions. We would camp here again!

Decent

Nice pool but rough terrain.

Great campground

We had the best time at this campground. Walked the Creek, played in the waterfall and talked with friendly neighbors.

Impressive...

What an impressive, pristine, and maintained park and campground. A good trail system, plenty of overlooks, good facilities, restaurants and shops. It’s one of the better parks I’ve visited. Campground is standard but elevated by its context

Quiet and friendly

Back to the basics, not resorty, love it we have tent camped here and also brought our pop up for a week

Great spot for camping with dogs

This was a great campground. Just be advised that if you plan to camp with just a tent you will have to cross a creek to do it, so make sure to have an elevated, AWD/4x4 car or truck to help with the process. Showers were great and with consistent hot water, but it’s only one temp, no adjustment. The bathrooms are clean and they provide poop bags for your pups.

Beautiful, Friendly, Quiet

We had a great experience here at Beaver Meadow. The terrain was hilly and fun to navigate, the store was well stocked, the fish in the pond were hungry and active. The golf cart rental was pretty steep compared to all other campgrounds.

Beautiful views

Highly recommend going to the middle falls at night to see them lit up (when driving watch out for bears, deer, and raccoons). Many opportunities to hike as long or as little as you want, or just drive through and stop at the many viewpoints. The park has several spots to grab a bite to eat, and just outside the park is small town convenient for whatever you may need.

Perfect getaway

The campgrounds are not too close together, allowing you to have a little spot in the woods to yourself. All spots have a picnic table, a fire pit, and room for 2 cars. Each loop of campsites has a clean bathroom and shower facility. About $25 a night, which was definitely worth it. The location in the park is super convenient for driving to the falls or finding a trail to hike. Will definitely be back

Beautiful!

Wonderful park. The canyon was incredible, and lots of look out spots. The roads, and trails, and lookout points are all well constructed, and flow well. The scenery is remarkable, and there is a lot of informative boards, dedicated benches that provide a lot of interesting history and information. 10/10 would recommend.

Darien Lake camping resort

Large campground, with almost every kind of camping available through the park. Cabins,trailers, tents, and every type of space for whatever your mode of camping is. Since it is attached to 6 flags you have every amenity available to you . Campstore, cafe, gift shop, showers and laundry. The only negative and for me it's a big negative is that there are no posted speed limits on the grounds, and I found that the majority of people were driving way to fast with so many kids around

Decent

Nice campground, free, fishing, secluded, everyone needs to start picking up their trash though

Unbelievable

I dont even know where to start 2 water parks for kids and adults play areas for pets DEFINITELY BRING OR RENT THE GOLF CART , very hilly but tons of fun

Relaxing

Great place to relax and have fun with the family , lots of pets , kids loved the beach and it's only minutes from 6 flags

Great time

Really nice staff! Free putt putt. Clean! So much to do. There is a dog park as well!

Fun

Great place clean camp ground. Lots of fun we had breakfast there and lunch was pretty expensive near the pools. Would not camp there if we weren’t going to Darien lake. We went on that new swing ride that was really high it was a lot of fun!

Awesome

Put put was free. So many things to do with the kids. Heated pools. Beach was clean.

Great fun

The laser show was great. Some of the rides were down so that was annoying. But we all had fun!

Beautiful campground

This is a fairly new campground on Grand Island near Niagara Falls. There a lot to do here, kayaking the pond, 2 zip lines, miniature golf and great pools. The bathroom/showers are spotless. The sites have a decent amount of room and many have a lot of shade. They have back in or pull through sites, cabins, tent sites and even yurts.

Huge campground

This KOA was really big. We came a stayed the weekend, which was packed and very loud. There was a Christmas in July theme and the Christmas lights were honestly annoying. Sunday night rolled around though and everything changed. We did not get to do anyone of the in camp activities because we were doing so much site seeing, but there are two small pools, a pond, basketball courts, play ground and jump pad.

This is about an hour from Niagara.

Relaxing, lots of things to do

Coming to Letchworth will never get old. Love coming here to camp or just spend the day with friends and family. I’ve had graduations, birthdays and anniversaries here for over 40 years. I wish the bathrooms were a bit cleaner. They always seem to feel neglected.

Only if you have to

This campground is only worth staying at if you’re going to the park. The bathrooms are small dirty and there’s not enough of them. The hookups are pathetic most sites I saw that were listed as 30 amp were not and the power box was well in front of your camper and water was on the wrong side of the camper. We had a shaded and wooded site which was ok but the mowing and maintenance was terrible.

Very nice, well maintained. Never a dull weekend.

This campground was very nice and very well maintained. Everyone was friendly. Our arms were sore after the first night from waving to everyone who drove past. Mostly seasonal sites with about 35-40 rentals. The camp store was stocked about as well as Camping world. We needed a hand crank for our tv antenna, yep they had it. Huge lot with activities ever weekend. We will be back and we know what site we want!!

Deep woods

If you are looking for a deep woods experience… this is it! We only stayed one night. The scenery was absolute beautiful but we were given the last open tent spot available. Because of this, we were not as prepared as we would have liked. We were in a primitive spot and we usually don’t do that. This site was beautiful. You crossed a small foot bridge to get to it. There was very little grass because it was deeply wooded. The cabins next to us were very loud so that was distracting. The cabins looked very nice though.

The shower house was clean and nice but did cost money, which I think is not appropriate. The creek that ran by our tent site had a beautiful sound but we were also distracted by the out house. We were not near the bathhouse so there was a port-a-potty there. It was clean but still a port-a-potty. The sites are very secluded though and if you want some peace get one of the sites in the woods and have some time to yourself!

Super Friendly community

This is a great community to camp in.  They only allow seasonal or membership camping- it is not a place that you can just stay for the weekend without a membership.  There are a variety of sites to choose from, some with great water views.  There is a beach and a dog pond, basketball, volleyball, paddle boats, fishing, playground and pavilion.  They offer several community activities as well.  It is a beautiful,private place to camp.