About Hamlin Beach State Park
Hamlin Beach State Park is located in New York
14 Reviews of Hamlin Beach State Park
Chill

Great place to hangout for a weekend, camp sites are walking distance to the lake. The only thing is the sites are pretty congested so make sure to look at the map before you choose your spot. I recommend site 161 if you can get it.

One word to describe the sites here: SPACIOUS

The sites in the loop we stayed in had about 75’ between driveways, all with varying levels of trees/brush between them, very secluded. The beach is a decent little hike, but very easy flat bike ride or about a minute in a car going 15mph. If you want secluded beaches, skip the public beach and head a little West of Area 4, take the sandy path to the water for an amazing hidden grotto. Sites are electric only but with a 100’ hose you can reach a spigot from most any spot to re-fill the camper.

Great spot

We had an extended family week long camping trip. Our group took up 6 spots and we had a great time. Lots of shade at the sites, bathrooms are decent. Pretty quiet for such a large place. Lots of beach front and sheltered picnic areas. Plenty of parking.

Large area sites, pet friendly, close to Rochester NY to commute to work.

Biking through the park and to the beach is an awesome way to keep in shape! It's a little treck to walk. Huge parking areas near beach for those who prefer thier car.

Lovely grounds and Beach, camp areas are well thought out, and bathrooms a

Very nice, family friendly and well maintained

day trip

the beach is pretty nice I went there for a day trip this time since it's close to my house I can take my dog for a walk, i have camped there sites aren't secluded like they used to be but they are nice and in walking distance to the beach. and you get to see the beautiful lake Ontario.

A great campground on a Great Lake

We happened upon this campground during a road trip. We didn't have a reservation and were lucky to get one of the few open sites on a holiday weekend. Free showers. Nice beach for swimming. To top it off, the local Lions Club was hosting a pancake breakfast for all campers.

Beautiful place to camp[

Picturesque campground on the shores of Lake Ontario. Power at every site. Excellent facilities.

camping and a beach

This is one of our favorite NYS Park campgrounds. Sites are large. It has nice bathrooms. It has a fantastic beach. Only thing better would be water and sewer hookups.

Great place for camping or beach day!

The camping area is awesome, most sites are very private. Beach was clean and beautiful. Me and my wife had a great weekend! My only complaint is that the bathrooms need more than one toilet, other than that it was a great stay.