About Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA
KoA
Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA is located in New York
4 Reviews of Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA
Huge campground

This KOA was really big. We came a stayed the weekend, which was packed and very loud. There was a Christmas in July theme and the Christmas lights were honestly annoying. Sunday night rolled around though and everything changed. We did not get to do anyone of the in camp activities because we were doing so much site seeing, but there are two small pools, a pond, basketball courts, play ground and jump pad.

This is about an hour from Niagara.

Not my favorite

I can't really complain too much about the campground.  The staff was friendly and helpful although I came in after an eight hour drive and totally exhausted.  I wasn't happy when they charged me almost the full price of our stay (yeah, I forgot about that but I didn't have the credit card it was supposed to go on).  Then they charged me $10 for a fob to let me in the gate after hours.  Not quite sure how that was supposed to work since half the time the gate wasn't manned anyway.  At least we got our money back for it but it was one more expense I wasn't expecting. It was frustrating.  The pond was disgusting.  I wouldn't swim in it.  Trash was all over the edge of the pond.  My son and I cleaned up after some guests.  The sites weren't marked.  I drove by our site and had to ask another guest where it was.  The campground is mostly long-term campers.  Most have decks and shrubbery surrounding their rv's.  There were even a couple of mobile homes.  Saturday night was horrible as the golf carts kept going up and down the street until around midnight.  Fortunately, everyone left the next day and the campground was very pleasant to stay in.  The frogs were a hoot and we woke every morning to the cows at the farm next door.  Loved the two pools and the creek.  Nice little snack bar inside the store and office.  Just wish the office opened earlier.  We left at 8 before anyone was there and had to have our refund mailed.  Would I stay there again?  No.  I much prefer state campgrounds.

homey!

everyone who stays is always so friendly & staff is friendly and helpful

Amazing campground

This campground has everything and the KOA standards. Lots of activities for kid so of all ages. There are multiple pools, an awesome creek, the store staff will inflate tubes to use in the creek for you. There is a lake with non-motor boat rentals, they have a small pub with local brews on tap and a large activity hall. Great staff!