The best WALK IN camping near
Oak Hill , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Oak Hill Camping Reviews
Nice bike ride to the beach

Did a weekend bikepacking trip from New Brunswick to Allaire. Big sites that you can hear the highway from. A really nice bike ride to Ocean Grove and other beach towns. There are outlets in the bathroom and someone put a fullass drip coffee machine in one of the sinks. I did not refuse a fresh cup of brew.

Rare primitive camping in the mid-Atlantic

Two of our group paddled in and 4 of us hiked in. No one else in sight the two days we were there! Fishing, boating, or just plain sittin' are all on the menu.

Great stop for a Bikepacker

No electrical and no pets allowed in camp sites. But plenty of trees and huge fire rings in each spot. An RV would have a tough time but for car camping it’s great. The Delaware Canal is nearby with the tow path for biking. That makes this a nice Bikepacking stop.

We are wintering here and it seems to be a great place so far. Most of the neighbors that have been here years are friendly as well as the staff that I have met so far. Owners live on site and didn't seem to mind me bothering them on a Sunday to ask about the propane procedures. I am a little concerned about moving to the site they want me to move to in the Spring the corners around the campground seem tight with trees.

Absolutely Beautiful!!

I did my first solo tent camping by the reservoir and it was perfect. There was so much to see and hiking trails in the campground and nearby. Bathrooms were clean and other campers were quiet making for a peaceful trip. Check in was pleasant but unfortunately, some things were closed due to covid restrictions. I will be back as often as I can and hopefully be able to rent a kayak.

Nice in the fall

Quite site with pretty foliage.

Nice place

Nice state park with trails nearby.

Cool place, great staff

We camped in the island, which is separate from the rv park. Short walk to the bathrooms which were clean. Fun crowd, dj Friday night, pool and basket ball court.

Location, Location, location

This is all about location. The closest RV park to NYC. It's basically a parking lot with a dump station. Not much else. Pick one of the larger end row sites to get a little extra elbow room. If it's packed, your neighbor with be within inches of your rig. Pluses, minutes walk to the Statue of Liberty, liberty Science center. Two blocks away from NJ Path train into Manhattan or take the ferry to Wall Street!

Not bad

No one in the office so you have to check in over the phone which isn't easy with bad reception in the area.

Camp sites are close together with no privacy but decent sized. You get a table, fire ring with out a grill, water, electric, and enough room for a large cabin tent or a few small tents.

Showers are clean and have hot water. No locks on the toilet stall doors which is really weird. Playground, pool, big open fields, horseshoes, basketball hoop. No hiking trails. No pond or lake for fishing.

$50 per night